AMS boost tube warning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So,
As some of you may know from previous threads the AMS boost tubes do not directly fit the 2019-2020.

I did not know this upon purchase as it wasn't specificified at the time in the description, but found out on install and further confirmed through AMS.

With that said, I was able to untape the connectors and stretch them to connect, however there was a good amount of tension and no further remedy/option was available. My fear was that it was going to break off one of the connectors.

Well today it happened. Threw an intake code. Popped hood and there it was. Nipple completely snapped off boost tube leaving a dime sized hole.

So, I guess I'm going to be pulling off the boost tubes and reinstalling the factory tubes. Very disappointing. Esp after only 7 months of use. So for anyone with a 19-20, here's your warning!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So,
As some of you may know from previous threads the AMS boost tubes do not directly fit the 2019-2020.

I did not know this upon purchase as it wasn't specificified at the time in the description, but found out on install and further confirmed through AMS.

With that said, I was able to untape the connectors and stretch them to connect, however there was a good amount of tension and no further remedy/option was available. My fear was that it was going to break off one of the connectors.

Well today it happened. Threw an intake code. Popped hood and there it was. Nipple completely snapped off boost tube leaving a dime sized hole.

So, I guess I'm going to be pulling off the boost tubes and reinstalling the factory tubes. Very disappointing. Esp after only 7 months of use. So for anyone with a 19-20, here's your warning!

just extend the wires in the offending harness

OP
OP
P

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if I can get a replacement boost tube... thats what I'm considering doing. Initially removed all the tape and had them stretched as far as they could reach. That white connector was just at an odd angle which put a lot of tension and torque on that connector.

But I'll prob buy a new rubber hose, some clamps and extend it a few inches to make the entire thing longer.

If I can't get a replacement under warranty then I'll just put the stock ones back on and not worry about it.

OP
OP
P

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh and u didn't have any issues? All my wires and tubing was super short. Ended up confirming that ford shortened everything on 2019. Maybe they put length back on for 2020 or maybe i just got an odd ball. Who knows.

Poidog

Reaction score
When I called them (AMS) they told me I would need a longer vacuum line, but they didn't know which one. I have a 2019.