Amps??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbanana777

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many amp alternator the gen 2 has?

Looking into installing several lights and don’t want to risk draining my battery.

Does anyone know how many amps the truck uses with stock electronics and stuff?

Any help appreciated.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You don't need to worry about adding lights and draining your battery (leave your battery on). I have the stock alternator and battery on my 2015 demo truck and probably have more lights then anybody else on that thing. No issues at all. On my 2018 Raptor demo truck I have a lot as well and so far no issues with the stock setup.

I would not worry about it at all.

Raptor7.jpg

OP
OP
B

bigbanana777

Reaction score
Thanks. I have a 20 inch rigid light bar and want to add a pair of BD xl80’s and 3 BD S2 pro for chase lights. Around 38 amps It doesn’t seem like too much but just wanted to make sure.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You're covered, no worries there.

Let me know if you need help with the Baja components. We stock everything you are looking for (we're one of the largest stocking Baja Designs dealers, i try and keep a little of everything in the warehouse at all times)

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock alternator has enough amps to run a competition sound system so you are definitely good to go with adding lights and what not

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
the six auxiliary switches are 2- 5amp 2- 10amp and 2- 15amp. My question to you guys is can I run 2 fog lights on a 5amp circuits and 2 on another 5amp circuit or should I go higher

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam is great, helped me get my lights.

But

He owes us a fried critter picture when his lights get one cooked.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Adam is great, helped me get my lights.

But

He owes us a fried critter picture when his lights get one cooked.

So yeah... the FAA has asked me NOT to turn my lights on because it's confusing incoming airplanes... sooooo no cooking critters with the lights for a while