Amp wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone let me know what wires I can tap into to add an aftermarket amp? High level is OK as I have a line level converter. Also looking for a wire to tap into for the remote wire for the amp.

2012 Sony system is the current setup.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
passenger kick panel. black plug facing up with green tape. theres a 14ga blue wire. that is retained accessory power. since you are there you can grab the front door woofer wires. white/purple white/orange. sub wires are most affected by oem eq at higher volumes and rear speakers dont seem to have enough output. i normally like to get both left and right signal wires, but its not completely necessary. but if you want to grab the left front door woofer wire in the drivers kick, they are white and white/brown

OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
passenger kick panel. black plug facing up with green tape. theres a 14ga blue wire. that is retained accessory power. since you are there you can grab the front door woofer wires. white/purple white/orange. sub wires are most affected by oem eq at higher volumes and rear speakers dont seem to have enough output. i normally like to get both left and right signal wires, but its not completely necessary. but if you want to grab the left front door woofer wire in the drivers kick, they are white and white/brown

Thanks! I'll be grabbing both left and right. Do you happen to know the gauge of the wires off hand for the speakers?

I'll also be upgrading my 2016 expedition here shortly. You wouldn't happen to know the best place to grab wiring for an amp in that also, would you? I assume it can't be much different, but I've assumed before and been wrong.