amp sub gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some photos .sounds good for my 44 year old ears .if I did it all over again I would do a dedicated sub amp .but I will pro never do it again ,its way more work than it looks ,with power and ground home runs ,tweeter home runs ,door sound deadening ,block off plates ,new speakers ,new tweeters ,pac speaker harness,zen tv .not to motion all the research . the only thing that has nor been touched ,rear door speakers ,and rear door sound deadening , is it worth doing ? the factory speaker sound alright with some power going to them

Attachments

• 78DABAD1-24D8-4624-AAFA-7A19131EB927.jpeg
    78DABAD1-24D8-4624-AAFA-7A19131EB927.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 5428336D-356D-4C70-A74E-C87FEA5CA7F7.jpeg
    5428336D-356D-4C70-A74E-C87FEA5CA7F7.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What amount of bass are you looking for? I don't personally like 4.1 amps that run everything from one Amp but that's beside the point, 8 awg power is too small for your Amp, incidental current could generate a lot of heat and fry wires, fire etc. Remember the w0 series isn't going to break windows no matter what you do and your Amp only puts out 500w rms where the speakers want 600w, like car stereo said, being responsible with adjustments and outputting under max from the Amp to speakers is better than underpowering them. Are your rca outputs and inputs matched? What voltage is your output from your head unit compared to the rca inputs on the Amp?
where did I say I ran 8ga wire ? I ran 4 ga ground and power to battery

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some photos .sounds good for my 44 year old ears .if I did it all over again I would do a dedicated sub amp .but I will pro never do it again ,its way more work than it looks ,with power and ground home runs ,tweeter home runs ,door sound deadening ,block off plates ,new speakers ,new tweeters ,pac speaker harness,zen tv .not to motion all the research . the only thing that has nor been touched ,rear door speakers ,and rear door sound deadening , is it worth doing ? the factory speaker sound alright with some power going to them
i would eventually replace the rear speakers. they are of the least concern though. however sound deadening would be good. depending on how loud you play, the rear speakers might crap out on you. there is such a thing as too much power, and its generally regarding amplifiying oem speakers. never really have to worry about aftermarket stuff as long as crossover points are set though