AMP running boards not working - SOLUTION FOUND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smj362

Reaction score
Hi,

I just toook delivery off my 2022 and I want to install the AMP running boards. They're supposed to work (Plug and Play), but I found that the door signal wiring per instructions do not work. Or in other words the door signal wires on the Raptor seem to be different from other F150s.

Does anyone know by chance which wires are the door open/close signal wires? Or had anyone run into the same problem by chance.

Thx Andy

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer install the AMPs on mine so I'm not aware of the technical details. Plugs right in to the OBD plug near the hood release. Mine work fine...so far. Good luck..

Stevdug

Reaction score
Yes I installed my amp boards off of my 2017 on my 22. You have to plug into the obd and grab and tap 2 signal wires

OP
OP
S

smj362

Reaction score
Thank you /Stevdug. The issue I had is that the instructions call for the green/blue wire to connect to the white, and the white/green wire to the blue. As it turns out on the Gen 3 Raptor (or at least on mine) it was the green wire connects to the white wire.

For anyone who is running into the same problem. Ignore the color code. It is position 6 and 7 on the black connector. Position 6 is the door signal wire for the driver side and position 7 is the signal wire for the passenger side.
The white wire connects to position 6 (in my case solid green instead of green/blue) and the blue wire connects to position 7.

Mapping:
Ford position 6 is driver side door signal wire - AMP white wire is driver side
Ford position 7 is passenger side door signal wire - AMP blue wire is passenger side

Signal Wires.jpg

SDR581

Reaction score
Thank you /Stevdug. The issue I had is that the instructions call for the green/blue wire to connect to the white, and the white/green wire to the blue. As it turns out on the Gen 3 Raptor (or at least on mine) it was the green wire connects to the white wire.

For anyone who is running into the same problem. Ignore the color code. It is position 6 and 7 on the black connector. Position 6 is the door signal wire for the driver side and position 7 is the signal wire for the passenger side.
The white wire connects to position 6 (in my case solid green instead of green/blue) and the blue wire connects to position 7.

Mapping:
Ford position 6 is driver side door signal wire - AMP white wire is driver side
Ford position 7 is passenger side door signal wire - AMP blue wire is passenger side

View attachment 371866
Thanks for the insight. I just picked up a 23 Raptor last week and attemted a futile install yesterday after folling Amps installation instructions. I will try your connections next. Hope it works this time!