amp rebooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my setup is rd900/5 zen navtv ,its been in for about a year twice in the last few months the amp shut off and turned back on like I lost my remote turn on 12v signal . tomm I will recheck connection tightness . I got the 12v turn on from the zen ,I believe it was the blue wire .its going to be hard to catch with a meter as it does it while im driving .also start stop is disabled fyi. im assuming I need to see if I lose 12v to the remote turn on when it screws up .

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really , good to know , it’s been fine for a year , but who knows , maybe I just got lucky . I may put the switch on the amp to signal sensing for now , see if it’s an amp issue .

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found the possible problem the constant 12 volts to the zen seem to be loose at the distribution block , I tugged on it and there was some slop , pulled out and retighten . We will see if it does it again .

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issue fixed , loose ,12 v wire to zen , zen must have been cutting out , and cutting out the amp

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have had issues with the zen turn on. i have always ran to the pkp for turn on. theres a rap wire there you can use.
still actually having the same issue , it’s not the remote turn on , it’s the zen rebooting .installed a new amp (upgrade) it also was rebooting with old amp .through is was a loose ground I tugged on it and the zen and amp cut out so I removed and retightened .but still does it randomly ,zen shuts down reboots ,seems to really do it when I crank the volume ,checked voltage at amp 14.4 ,ground at amp has 0.0 ohms as in no resistance to ground , I read zen is sensitive to resistance .maybe zen is going bad ? I can't catch it in time with my meter . zen is grounded and powered by the amps distribution blocks

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still actually having the same issue , it’s not the remote turn on , it’s the zen rebooting .installed a new amp (upgrade) it also was rebooting with old amp .through is was a loose ground I tugged on it and the zen and amp cut out so I removed and retightened .but still does it randomly ,zen shuts down reboots ,seems to really do it when I crank the volume ,checked voltage at amp 14.4 ,ground at amp has 0.0 ohms as in no resistance to ground , I read zen is sensitive to resistance .maybe zen is going bad ? I can't catch it in time with my meter . zen is grounded and powered by the amps distribution blocks
how old is the zen module?