Amp PowerStep Xtreme 78152-01A Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLaw0522

Reaction score
Thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone could offer some help…

I am installing the PowerStep xtremes on my 2021. I had these on my gen 2, piece of cake to install and loved them but I see the newer gen 3 model is not the simple plug and play into obd port, now you have to splice into two more wires. Seems like no big deal but the manual is for an F150 so not sure those wires match up color wise and I don’t want to mess around and experiment. I read some of the guys on the F150 forum even had some issues with wire colors not being correct in the manual for their trucks. I admit I am not expert but this is where my research has gotten me. I reached out to AMP and waiting on a response but thought Id see if anyone here already has the answer or experience. Thanks!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't offer you any help with wiring, however, I'm wondering if you're putting the AMP system on the factory running boards or just replacing them.
I've often thought it would be nice if the factory Raptor running board would fold up and down as they offer a lot of protection from chips on the side of the truck when up, and would be much more user friendly if they folded down for getting in and out of the truck.

OP
OP
D

DLaw0522

Reaction score
Still have not installed these a month later. “Engineering” is getting a truck in to tackle the issue I ran into that they were not aware of. I sent pics to them to “assist” them. This module on the rear driver side frame interferes with the mount/motor. Needless to say I am not too happy.

Attachments

• 418DE4A8-1A5C-49C4-BC5A-CEDCD741938A.jpeg
    418DE4A8-1A5C-49C4-BC5A-CEDCD741938A.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 42

rrbarrios14

Reaction score
Reviving this thread, I’m in a similar situation. Ordered a set of extremes from off-road alliance but the install instructions they sent me from AMP states “not for raptors”

Has anyone had success installing the extremes on a gen 3?

OP
OP
D

DLaw0522

Reaction score
It took Amp 5 months to design a Linkage arm to work with the module I posted in the pic. The first one sent was the same as the original but within a week had the correct one. It was an ordeal but eventually they made it right. Works as intended and I am happy. Not too sure what they have done about this module seems not all gen 3s have on the driver rear mounting area. Good luck