Amp Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on my 19 raptor. I run King 3.0s all around and Deaver +3s in the rear. Love the steps, in my opinion they are the perfect height if your truck sits a little higher than stock. I'm 5'11 for a reference point.

As the vendor mentioned, I have PPF on my rocker panels to offset any dings, and I'm probably going to install some Rokblokz flaps as well, mainly to cut down splatter on my bedsides since I peek out past my fenders a little bit with aftermarket wheels.

Do you have a pic that you can post?

OGRE

Reaction score
IMG_3502.jpeg I've had them on mine for a while. Found the Raptor side steps to difficult to use as step. You loose some of the protection they provide but i like the look.

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amps are super easy to install. Basic tools. I’ve never paid anyone to install mine. This Raptor is the fourth truck I’ve installed them on. To leave them down, you don’t need to leave the door ajar, just step on the board and close the door like normal. It only takes a second and the board stays down to protect your truck from door dings. The new models of Amp steps plug into your obd port. You only have to run a power and ground to the battery.
If you want to have your obd port always available for some other device, then you just need the y connection that plugs your steps in but leaves a port open for an accessory. There is NO programming in the trucks computers needed. They are plug and play.
Best steps by far imo. Do not buy the slightly cheaper, Chinese knockoff version Bestop. They’re junk.

View attachment 138614

what tells them to deploy when you open the door? Don’t they have to be wired somehow to do that??
Abs can you add them to SYNC 3 screen with FORSCAN?

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what tells them to deploy when you open the door? Don’t they have to be wired somehow to do that??
Abs can you add them to SYNC 3 screen with FORSCAN?
The come with an ODB plug. If you want that port back, then add the ODB splitter so the steps are always plugged in and you still have ODB access.

OP
OP
R

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had Amps on all my trucks. They’re the most helpful getting in and out by far, plus they look way cleaner. They are also tucked up closer to the rockers and are smoother, less chance of getting hung up off-road, or high centered. They do not offer protection from rocks being thrown up by your tires when off-roading, but they absolutely do protect you from door dings from other cars or trucks. If I ever have to park next to anyone, you just step on the board, then close the door. The board stays down and is a great deterrent to any ******* that might ding your door. They were the first mod I did on my 2020, I scratched the back of my calf once on the stock ones and they were gone. I’m 6’2” so I don’t really need them, but my wife is 5’ nothing and she loves them. Happy wife, happy life!

View attachment 138613
Beautiful truck, and thanks for the informative info!

dirtyboot

Reaction score
The difference in available models for the raptor:
1- The normal amp powerstep - powered by a front motor on each step
2- The XL has a rockrail and deploys ~3" lower than the others - it's based off #1
3- The extreme uses a front and rear motor per running board to ensure operation in inclement climates(like the freeze up issues from ice/snow build up supposedly). Other than that it's identical to #1

I have a 2" lift, and #2. When deployed it's within .25" of level with a typical parking lot curb.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The difference in available models for the raptor:
1- The normal amp powerstep - powered by a front motor on each step
2- The XL has a rockrail and deploys ~3" lower than the others - it's based off #1
3- The extreme uses a front and rear motor per running board to ensure operation in inclement climates(like the freeze up issues from ice/snow build up supposedly). Other than that it's identical to #1

I have a 2" lift, and #2. When deployed it's within .25" of level with a typical parking lot curb.

One note on this: The Xtreme also has a more traction on the top and a pattern on the bottom side as well as different end caps. But it is based on the fitment profile of the regular PowerStep.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone use these deployable steps in cold climates with heavy snowfall? Wondered if they might freeze up and not work with snow and ice buildup.

I'd recommend the Xtreme version. It's made for harsher climates. Features dual motors vs single motor and more traction vs the regular Powerstep.

Regular version or extreme version...which one are ylooku guys getting? Whats the difference between them?

Dual Motors vs single motor and more traction on the step.