Amp bypass harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Kenwood HU now. I have the Sony system, removed the sub, added my own, Fosgate amp, rca to headunit so that's separate from my HU and door speakers. I have kicker door speakers, factory tweets and center channel. I want to use a power block amp to push the door speakers but keep the tweets and center as well. Will this harness work to bypass the Sony amp..and allow me to use the factory speaker wires and connect the power block without issues. I want to plug into the rca from the power block to the HU. But this harness I'm hoping will allow this all to work. APH-FD01

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used that same harness on my system. I have a Kenwood Deck, replaced all speakers, amps and sub. That harness makes it so much easier to wire speaker amps.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used that same harness on my system. I have a Kenwood Deck, replaced all speakers, amps and sub. That harness makes it so much easier to wire speaker amps.
So you just connected it to the sony amp....how did you connect the aftermarket amp for doorspeakers ? did you have to run speaker wire or what? i dont want to lose my center channel and tweets so im really curious on this. idatalink told me to get a harness that they sell for like 140.00 and then connect my alpine power brick to the speaker wire connections on the harness i get from them. i have to run a remote wire to the headunit from the alpine amp..and power.....but thats not big deal...just more curious on the speaker wire stuff.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you just connected it to the sony amp....how did you connect the aftermarket amp for doorspeakers ? did you have to run speaker wire or what? i dont want to lose my center channel and tweets so im really curious on this. idatalink told me to get a harness that they sell for like 140.00 and then connect my alpine power brick to the speaker wire connections on the harness i get from them. i have to run a remote wire to the headunit from the alpine amp..and power.....but thats not big deal...just more curious on the speaker wire stuff.
No. I'm not using any of the stock stereo components aside from the speaker wires. There is a speaker wire harness that comes from the head unit to the amp, and another one that goes from the amp to the speakers. Disconnect the one going to the speakers and plug the new harness into that. Then run your wires from the new harness to your new amp. I have RCA's from the head unit to the new amp for the speaker inputs and that harness connected to the factory harness for the outputs to the speakers. I am not using the center channel speaker either. I only unplugged 1 harness from the amp and everything works as it should. You are basically using that harness as a giant butt connector to get your outputs to the actual speakers. Hope this made sense

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Kenwood HU now. I have the Sony system, removed the sub, added my own, Fosgate amp, rca to headunit so that's separate from my HU and door speakers. I have kicker door speakers, factory tweets and center channel. I want to use a power block amp to push the door speakers but keep the tweets and center as well. Will this harness work to bypass the Sony amp..and allow me to use the factory speaker wires and connect the power block without issues. I want to plug into the rca from the power block to the HU. But this harness I'm hoping will allow this all to work. APH-FD01
i wouldnt use the center channel speaker. if you are amplifiying the rest of the speakers, you wont hear it, plus it sounds like crap. there are still connections you will have to make with that harness. as far as the speakers go, you should probably ger new front component speakers so the tweeters work with in conjunction with the door speakers. the oem tweeters are crossed over so low, its going to mess with the sound. the oem wiring is fine for this application so you can connect your wires there

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that does make sense for sure, i wonder how i can keep the tweets and center channel. My F150 i had before the raptor didnt have the sony system so it was simple, the sony system really makes things more complicated. I also lost my front camera, so im going to have to splice it and hook it up to one of the AUX switches. Talked to idatalink about that, they said the idatalink will not retain the front camera on the raptor....wish crutchfield knew this, they told me it would all work as long as i set it up in the maestro rr....which i did.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt use the center channel speaker. if you are amplifiying the rest of the speakers, you wont hear it, plus it sounds like crap. there are still connections you will have to make with that harness. as far as the speakers go, you should probably ger new front component speakers so the tweeters work with in conjunction with the door speakers. the oem tweeters are crossed over so low, its going to mess with the sound. the oem wiring is fine for this application so you can connect your wires there
Yeah i was about to order some focal tweets, i installed kickers in all the doors. i did this setup in my other f150 except with fosgate door 6x8...focal tweets....they worked perfect without issue with the alpine power block. does the sony system use a different setup as far as wiring and such for the tweets and door speakers vs a non sony system. my f150 was a 2012. no sub or center..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was about to order some focal tweets, i installed kickers in all the doors. i did this setup in my other f150 except with fosgate door 6x8...focal tweets....they worked perfect without issue with the alpine power block. does the sony system use a different setup as far as wiring and such for the tweets and door speakers vs a non sony system. my f150 was a 2012. no sub or center..
what year is your truck? your previous truck sounds like it was non amplified. there will certainly be differences

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about my front camera not working with the aftermarket headunit...idatalink says it will not work either...if the RCA camera feed iis for both cameras...would a Y adapter not work? Connected to the front camera input on the HU and rear to reverse camera input? the truck only has one video feed for both cameras....so has anyone tried this ?