American Racing Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Have 2010 with 6.2L. Bought new and immediately had Magna Flow catbacks and AFE cold air installed. Fast forward 10 years, Raptor has 52,000 miles and it's high time for headers. My performance shop is recommending American Racing Headers and of course a tune. Have heard of this company, like I've heard about a lot of companies so any thoughts on American or others? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Patriot Raptor
Reaction score
Ok, got a quote from shop on installation and tune. Approximately $4200. Does that sound about right? Little higher than I expected. Said had to build the headers and installation labor is a big part of the price. $2000 for headers. $400 for tune.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ARH makes awesome headers, I've had them build me a couple of sets. They're located here on Long Island, so it's kinda local for me. Are they expensive? o yeah. Will they fit perfect, and last forever? Yup. SW makes good stuff too, they have 2 lines I believe, one is offshore, one is made here. I have had a complete setup from them and it was fine. A bit raspy, but good stuff.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, got a quote from shop on installation and tune. Approximately $4200. Does that sound about right? Little higher than I expected. Said had to build the headers and installation labor is a big part of the price. $2000 for headers. $400 for tune.

4200? You could fully equip your garage, buy a set of stainless works, DIY the install and then have tools to last your lifetime.

But really that's not far off. The SW American made lifetime warranty headers with cats are ~1800. A tuner and tune through JDM is another 700. Whether the labor is $1500 or not is your call. For me, even if it took a full weekend that's a lot to pay someone else to fiddle with my nuts.

If I was going to drop 4200 on my raptor for power I would watch the forum for a used whipple, get an additional 200 hp rather than 20.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARH are awesome.
Kooks suck. I’ve been too many rounds with them clowns. They should literally send you a 3lb hammer with all their headers.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ARH and Stainless Works are what we recommend for the Raptor. Let us know if we can offer you a quote on the headers. We offer both brands. Message me for a quote if interested