Ambient Temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to search for this, but only found 1 thread that was a couple years old.

Is there any way to get the outside temperature on the dash or in the center console while carplay is enabled? They only was I can get this is if I'm in the Sync screen, which I hardly ever use.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no way. My other cars always has outside temp in the gauge cluster. This is bad UI on ford's part.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup no way once in CarPlay. I wish Apple would allow manufacturers some customization or the end user.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no way.....and it is my one big gripe about car play.

Just this morning. Got in the truck in my garage and it read 37 degrees. Drove for a mile and wanted to see the outside temp as it compared to my garage, and it is 3 "clicks" on the touch screen to get to the outside temp. Which was 19.

just not user friendly at all.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there not a ford representative on this forum? When I had my 2012 explorer and the new style sync was just coming out they had like 3 reps on the explorer forums. Surprised that a truck of this status doesn't have an attentive ford audience on it's largest forum.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leave it to Android lol. Yeah I have to look at my Apple Watch to see the temp. But then again that’s based on location and not right outside my truck necessarily.

I wouldn’t be surprised if manufacturers today have social media people lurking on forums, taking notes. Stupid if they don’t.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could load an app on your phone that’ll display on CarPlay use the weather app....will give you more info than just the temp

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s true. You still have to go into that app and leave your navi or audio however.

I think folks want to see there ambient temp right outside there vehicle however and not what is being reported by an app. I get that.