Ambient temperature sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering where this sensor is located or is it a set of sensors.
I've had Gen 3 for about 3 months now and find reading is overstated significantly.
I'm referring to readout on the center console upper right .
This weekend it showed 112 F, while outside temp was about 78. After getting in car driving for few minutes, it went down to the 90's but it's still not close to real temp, nor is it anywhere close to cabin temp.

Also, I'm speculating if this issue is also causing my AC seemingly random problem where Fan speed /AC goes to bare min yet controls are at Max. No cold air. Dealer already documented problem but no fix yet. IF i reset ( stop and turn off vehicle and back on). AC goes back to normal working. We also find that turning off all air/ac for about 15 or so minutes also does the trick. But this is total PITA, especially during hot summer days now.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ambient Air Temperature sensor is on the bottom of the passenger side mirror.

OP
OP
BlueWhale

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx, i got a portable thermal imager, i'll take some readings to compare next time.

Buster

Reaction score
Wondering where this sensor is located or is it a set of sensors.
I've had Gen 3 for about 3 months now and find reading is overstated significantly.
I'm referring to readout on the center console upper right .
This weekend it showed 112 F, while outside temp was about 78. After getting in car driving for few minutes, it went down to the 90's but it's still not close to real temp, nor is it anywhere close to cabin temp.

Also, I'm speculating if this issue is also causing my AC seemingly random problem where Fan speed /AC goes to bare min yet controls are at Max. No cold air. Dealer already documented problem but no fix yet. IF i reset ( stop and turn off vehicle and back on). AC goes back to normal working. We also find that turning off all air/ac for about 15 or so minutes also does the trick. But this is total PITA, especially during hot summer days now.
Did you ever find out exactly what the problem is/was? Mine does the same thing but dealership can’t find anything wrong with it. Problem never occurs while they’re driving it and no problem shows up when attached to a computer.
I live in Georgia and having the ac go out for 15 minutes at a time is a big problem. Then out of nowhere after around 15 minutes it comes right back on as if nothing ever happened.

OP
OP
BlueWhale

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Buster Sorry for late response. No result yet, the dealer said they uploaded case to Ford to see if anything comes back. But this problem still persists. I will be attending Raptor assault class in near future, maybe guys there can help. As noted from post i found somewhere else, it was faulty HVAC chip, but getting that ordered will be long time. As side note, my window switch problem was ordered on warranty.... still hasn't come in about 8 weeks now. Since it was 30 bucks, i ordered one from parts and it arrived in few days. Now i can get my window fixed. I wonder if that's route i'll need to take on this HVAC chip thing.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
@Buster Sorry for late response. No result yet, the dealer said they uploaded case to Ford to see if anything comes back. But this problem still persists. I will be attending Raptor assault class in near future, maybe guys there can help. As noted from post i found somewhere else, it was faulty HVAC chip, but getting that ordered will be long time. As side note, my window switch problem was ordered on warranty.... still hasn't come in about 8 weeks now. Since it was 30 bucks, i ordered one from parts and it arrived in few days. Now i can get my window fixed. I wonder if that's route i'll need to take on this HVAC chip thing.
Mine ge2,will do it, If your on MAX AC, fan speed 7 if you make a phone call or at stop lights when the engine Auto-Star/stop is on.