GEN 1 Ambient lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped into the shifter light wire in the console for the ambient lighting. The shifter top was off to also run the ambient lighting to the rear of the console for the back seat area, so that 12+ was convenient to get to.

97duc748

Reaction score
Gary E,
Did you pull the power (tap) the light in the shifter and run it directly to each of the LED modules for the ambient lighting or did you use the shifter light to excite a relay to then provide power from the battery? How bright are the ambient lights for cup holder and floor boards? any photos?

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary E,
Did you pull the power (tap) the light in the shifter and run it directly to each of the LED modules for the ambient lighting or did you use the shifter light to excite a relay to then provide power from the battery? How bright are the ambient lights for cup holder and floor boards? any photos?

I added LED strips under the dash bottom edge to light the floor on each side, as well as a LED strip attached to the back of the console to light the back seat floor area. LED's draw very little amperage, so just tapped in to the shifter light wire for the 12+V. No relays needed. Since I have a blue truck inside and out, I utilized blue LED's. Didn't do the cup holders since the lights wouldn't be seen if something is in the holders. I don't have any images of the install. The brightness is very subtle as I didn't want anything very bright like bright white while driving at night.