Ambient Lighting Setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yc_Raptor

Reaction score
My 22, 8/23 blend has ambient lighting as well just figured it out today, all doors, foot wells, rear console and under front seats, however, missing cup holders, glove box and cubby, since I have the other I’m definitely adding the missing lights. It’s in the vehicle settings on the entertainment center.
My 22, and every 22+ Ive seen at the dealership has ambient lighting but they’re not fully equipped like the 2021 model. I added the remaining lights (cupholders, cell cubby, and glovebox), as well as the hvac led displays, last weekend to mine.

I’ll be adding the additional door lighting the 21 models have, as soon as parts arrive.
Seems like many here are unaware that the 21 model has more ambient lighting than 22+ models

Last edited:

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22, and every 22+ Ive seen at the dealership has ambient lighting but they’re not fully equipped like the 2021 model. I added the remaining lights (cupholders, cell cubby, and glovebox), as well as the hvac led displays, last weekend to mine.

I’ll be adding the additional door lighting the 21 models have, as soon as parts arrive.
Seems like many here are unaware that the 21 model has more ambient lighting than 22+ models
I did the missing ambient lights except the ones in the doors, I don’t think I want to take my door panels off.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score

I was not aware that you could add the extra ambient lighting to the 22 model. I had the extra lighting on my 2019 Raptor and miss not having it. How hard is this to do and are you using Ford parts. Would like to do this to my Expedition if possible.

Last edited:

Yc_Raptor

Reaction score
I was not aware that you could add the extra ambient lighting to the 22 model. I had the extra lighting on my 2019 Raptor and miss not having it. How hard is this to do and are you using Ford parts. Would like to do this to my Expedition if possible.
It requires quite a bit of interior teardown to the dash, and console. I had a buddy who had already upgraded his truck recently give me a hand.
All of the parts are oe except for a custom patch cable to make everything work. You can purchase the oe harness, if you prefer, but it requires even more teardown.
I’d think the expedition process would be similar.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a three part write up in the Interior section for Gen 3, gives part numbers and how to.

derekfertig

Reaction score

Do you have pics of the final result man? Thank you!