Ambient Lighting Gone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems such a minor cost cutting thing. I mean it’s not like the newer models got cheaper

Approximately $500k-$1.5 mil in savings by my calculations.

You can pay about $300 for all the LEDs, replace them, then enable the option in FORSCAN if you'd like them back. If my 17 got wrecked or something and I ended up in a 19, I'd probably end up doing it. Everyone who has been in my truck thinks it is the coolest thing.

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an 18' 802a and I dont even have the ambient lighting option for dimming in my settings screen. I had a 16' F150 prior that had the ability to change color dim etc. Shouldn't I at least have the ability to brighten/dim?

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a 802a optioned Raptor...you can adjust the brightness of your ambient lights. I suspect you are not looking in the right spot to do so.

Here’s where to look:

Sync settings/scroll right to the next screen/vehicle/ambient light

Hope this helps!

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is blue so I'm OK with blue ambient. I do have the ability in my GT500 to change the ambient lighting color but it came blue and I just left it.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on my 19 Mustang. I was really pumped at first to change everything back to the classic green scheme that Ford used to use, until I realized it doesn’t change the HVAC or side sills. Cool blue it is, can’t stand mismatched interior lights.