Ambient Cup Holder lighting - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any update on these cup holders? Looking to see how they are holding up from those who bought them.

I have one, it is working fine. the only thing I will say is that since it just lays in there, if your cup is larger (say a starbucks grande with the carboard sleeve) it does tend to stick to the overlay and you have to separate them to get your cup out. could probably be solved with some adhesive, but that would show up when lit.

ericwestbygod

Reaction score
Question

Got my kit but when I am looking at the wiring to tap to I see at least two blue wires. One is running to the passenger side with a black and a red into a cluster that is bundled. Is that the blue and black to tap? Ties into a bundle that has electrical tape bundling it. I haven't messed with it yet and wondered if it is easier unbundling the cluster to have more wire to tap from. I also see a second blue in a larger bundle along with two other blacks? Just need some assistance or a good clear picture.

Any advice since I got the cup holder and two discs. I have 6 taps to do and is using the shift light the best way to go for all? Need some advice. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one, it is working fine. the only thing I will say is that since it just lays in there, if your cup is larger (say a starbucks grande with the carboard sleeve) it does tend to stick to the overlay and you have to separate them to get your cup out. could probably be solved with some adhesive, but that would show up when lit.

Thank you for the feedback. Ill start including a clear 3m vhb tape with them to hold it in place.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Got my kit but when I am looking at the wiring to tap to I see at least two blue wires. One is running to the passenger side with a black and a red into a cluster that is bundled. Is that the blue and black to tap? Ties into a bundle that has electrical tape bundling it. I haven't messed with it yet and wondered if it is easier unbundling the cluster to have more wire to tap from. I also see a second blue in a larger bundle along with two other blacks? Just need some assistance or a good clear picture.

Any advice since I got the cup holder and two discs. I have 6 taps to do and is using the shift light the best way to go for all? Need some advice. Thanks.

Its been a while but if I remember correctly I followed the wire from shifter itself all way back to bundle and got as close to cup holder for tapping the wires. I'm not sure if I have a picture per say but I do believe someone had posted one in the how to section under TheDoubleAA

kristin

Reaction score
front cup holders

I had to redesign these form the originals due to some size variances in the front cup holders. The cost is $120 for a set of them with whatever logo you or design you want on them. The install will be similar to the other one but whole will need to be drill at bottom after the location of how you want it sit is defined.
: Hi do you still make these. and do you make the back one two.