Ambient Cup Holder lighting - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the ford interior light kit installed, do you have any idea of how would it work with this?

Im interested in getting a set for the back cup holders, do you manage those? Also if you got a color switching design to match the ford interior light kit, that would be awesome.

if you already have the color changing design then I'd just have to wire up an RGB LED for you and you'd have to remove your current little light in cup holder. As for the rear I can do the RGB set up as well. The price will be a bit more as the cost of material, time etc... is more.

MarioAC

Reaction score
if you already have the color changing design then I'd just have to wire up an RGB LED for you and you'd have to remove your current little light in cup holder. As for the rear I can do the RGB set up as well. The price will be a bit more as the cost of material, time etc... is more.

Do you have to install them yourself? Where are you located?

This because I live in Sonora, Mexico. Maybe I could visit you if you're near from here or I could pay shipping costs to Nogales, Arizona. And you can just tell me what to do, like a walkthrough or something.

chumpchange10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need Help

Andy,
arrived today needs better packaging !!!!

Attachments

• svt cupholder.JPG
    svt cupholder.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andy,
arrived today needs better packaging !!!!

figured UPS would have been a bit more careful. PM me your address and I'll send you another one.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Do you have to install them yourself? Where are you located?

This because I live in Sonora, Mexico. Maybe I could visit you if you're near from here or I could pay shipping costs to Nogales, Arizona. And you can just tell me what to do, like a walkthrough or something.

I'm located in the Houston area, It shouldn't be that hard of an install for anyone to do just match the color of wires is all needed.

OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a few people say they didn't like the design of the cup holder due to led not being mounted to the plate. I chose the method I did so that cup holder plate could be easily removed and that the rubber cup holders under neath could also be removed with out messing with wiring. The cup holder plate was designed about 10 different times making this the easiest viable option for both install and giving an ambient affect. I did do a different design option for the discs. They will have the led mounted in the glass and be customizable with more surface than the plate was allowing. This is a few of the ones I messed with.

cupdisk4.jpg

cupdisk1.jpg

cupdisk3.jpg

cupdisk2.jpg

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah its not as easily seen but the led's on the side was one thing that made me hesitate. it wasnt as clean as i hoped. this maybe a good happy medium

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats for sure. you have made a few different things for us in a short amount of time!

so how much are these custom discs?

do we just drill a hole thru the middle in the bottom of the cup holder and run the wire down thru it?