Ambient Cup Holder lighting - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This I like!
I can't figure out why Ford wouldn't make this a factory installed option for the Raptor like it is for the King Ranch and platinums.
A few questions for ya.

Are the colors adjustable and/or able to tie into some custom Led footwell lights?

How does this affect the rubber cup inserts?

You'll do logos on a custom basis, I take it?

How is it controlled? (Switch, remote, rheostat, light sensor, tie into factory lights, etc...)

And of course... How much?

I'd definitely be interested in an all inclusive package with footwell lights. This mod has definitely been on my list to do, but getting all the needed factory pieces out of a king ranch is so damn expensive I keep putting it off. Eager to hear more details!

OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This I like!
I can't figure out why Ford wouldn't make this a factory installed option for the Raptor like it is for the King Ranch and platinums.
A few questions for ya.

Are the colors adjustable and/or able to tie into some custom Led footwell lights?
Right now it'll be one single color, ie Red, white, blue etc... and I'm debating on doing floor board lighting as the door panel lighting I did looks a bit better. I may add it just for effect...
How does this affect the rubber cup inserts?
The plate sits on top of the rubber cup inserts
You'll do logos on a custom basis, I take it?
We can do a custom logo or frost the whole thing depending what you want. My laser cutter does some awesome stuff.

How is it controlled? (Switch, remote, rheostat, light sensor, tie into factory lights, etc...)

I'll probably install it so that it comes on with the head lights and will be dimmable with the dimmer on the dash, I try not to install too many switches and remotes unless ultimately needed.

And of course... How much?
Not sure at the moment. I've had quite a bit of time on design of this. The Corvette cup holder I designed sells for 140 with a refundable core of 40 for the cup holder. This design I don't think will need a replacement on the cup holder but costs more in material etc..., Either way it'll be affordable

I'd definitely be interested in an all inclusive package with footwell lights. This mod has definitely been on my list to do, but getting all the needed factory pieces out of a king ranch is so damn expensive I keep putting it off. Eager to hear more details!

I think the factory Ford ambient lighting system is a bit over $400 plus you have to get the instructions from the dealership. It is also no where near as nice as the design I've been working on.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

How does it hook up to the system?

In the picture I have it running on a 9v battery, I've been putting in 16 hour days at work and at the shop so I'll mess with it Friday. I'm going to probably say that it'll be tied into the power from the shift indicator light at this moment.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There used to be a guy on here that sold the OEM ambient lighting kits fitted for our raptors, and I bought one. I like it a lot, but I wonder if your cupholder lighting might not be just a bit on the bright side for night running? It looks KICK ASS though for sure.