Amber Rear Turn Signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Moss

Reaction score
As a Brit, I am used t (and fond of) amber rear turn signals. Does anyone have any experience or advice on how to convert them - or if it's even possible?

I live and work in the United Arab Emirates and the driving standards here are so crap that I need all the help I can get to keep my truck in one piece, and amber turn signals are the norm here

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you would have to buy all new housings for the lights. they are dyed red. the other issue is making sure its properly set up for the blind spot detectors that are mounted in there. and thats if its even available in the aftermarket world.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Iwas in Spain back in the seventies I had the same requirement on my US vehicle. To keep my vehicle in tac I purchased a set of Amber lights and mounted them on my bumper, bottom side, and tapped in to the turn signal wire. Worked like a champ for 4 years and easily hooked back up when Ireturned to the states. Just saying. Shouldn’t affect your blind spot either.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this a Gen 1 truck or Gen 2? It's posted in the Gen 1 section and they don't have BLIS.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has export tail light housings with amber turns for some models- the ones for the SN95 Mustangs were a popular swap. I've never seen anything for the F150s though.

You'd also have to deal with the combined brake/turn signal wiring as well.