AMB or CO color in NorthEast Indiana?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyRap

Reaction score
I have put in an order for a 2022 801a to replace my Oxford White 2017 Gen2. I am disappointed in the colors available this year. Mostly the basic crayola box plus CO or AMB. Dealer talked me out of CO and I ordered AMB.

Does anyone in Indiana have these colors so I can see them in person? Might confirm my choice or convince me to switch. Thanks.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they make amb in bronco and super duties so you can expand your search a little.

OP
OP
IndyRap

IndyRap

Reaction score
Thanks squeak! Just trying to put eyes on something in person. Given what everyone says about the Code Orange looking different in person vs pictures (and same with AMB) I am nervous to stay committed to one of these colors.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not alot of raptors there in indy huh? there everywhere out here in CO

OP
OP
IndyRap

IndyRap

Reaction score
There are a lot of raptors but not yet in the new CO or AMB colors. Hopefully I can change my color preference without having to pay the new base price after I see them in person. Given that it's taking 4-6+ months to take delivery I'd like to see in person what I'm buying this time. I ordered the OW color in 2016 sight unseen but that was an easy one to visualize. This time I'm considering a bit of flare, but the dealer said the CO looks like a pumpkin coming down the road.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of raptors but not yet in the new CO or AMB colors. Hopefully I can change my color preference without having to pay the new base price after I see them in person. Given that it's taking 4-6+ months to take delivery I'd like to see in person what I'm buying this time. I ordered the OW color in 2016 sight unseen but that was an easy one to visualize. This time I'm considering a bit of flare, but the dealer said the CO looks like a pumpkin coming down the road.
Why do you care what a salesman thinks about the color of your truck? Don’t base your opinion on someone’s 2 cents.

Last edited:

WesTexRaptor

Reaction score
I ordered CO since it was a new color instead of the same basic ones they have offered. Honestly, it looks 100x better in person, its a really hard color to explain though

OP
OP
IndyRap

IndyRap

Reaction score
Why do you care what a salesman thinks about the color of your truck? Don’t base your opinion on someone’s 2 cents.
I’m not worried about his opinion but that description didn’t sound like a color I’d prefer. If I see it in person I’ll be able to give a quick or .

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMB blue is a very interesting color. As someone who’s always had lighter colors I’ll throw in my two cents. AMB will be a very high maintenance color just like black. If you aren’t ok with black then don’t go AMB. Having said that, I freakin love the color! You’ll look at it 10 times in a day and it won’t be the same color each time. Is it blue? Is it black? Hell when it’s in my garage, it’s black 100% of the time when the garage door is closed. My 22 order that never got a build date after 3 months was CO. Just finally saw one in person the other day. And honestly it just didn’t do it for me. Not a horrible color, but I’m 100% happy with my AMB I was able to find.

Attachments

• 61B69683-99A6-4213-9B08-81E2D915320E.jpeg
    61B69683-99A6-4213-9B08-81E2D915320E.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 52A4A4E1-11D0-4C77-B0B9-D87027EBEA72.jpeg
    52A4A4E1-11D0-4C77-B0B9-D87027EBEA72.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 22