AMB Buffed, polished and Ceramic Coated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can typically spend about 40 to 60 hours doing paint corrections on my previous Challengers and Corvette but cant imagine even doing my truck. If it would fit in the garage then maybe.
That CQuartz holds up pretty good.
Your truck looks fantastic!

wac45

Reaction score
Decided to save a couple thousand on this truck and do it myself this time. Every time I start a job like this, I find myself wondering why I did it…..anyway….shout out to all the hard working detailers out there! It’s not easy to do it right and is back breaking work!

Buffed it out using Chemical Guys products and applied a coat of C-quartz CQUK 110.

Don’t know if this truck will ever be this clean and shiny again…but, she sure looks good right now.

Painters tape did pull the paint off one of my fender flares (Saw this on other post…this confirms the paint on the flares is NOT great). But, might be able to turn this into a win win for me. My dealer already owes my an IOU for a few rock chips prior to delivery. I’ve asked him if he could make me a deal to paint match my flares vs warrantying the flare and foregoing the IOU. He though he could make it happen and is running it up the flag pole. I’ve never considered matching the flares on my Raptors…but, after installing the black Venomrex wheels and falling deeply in love with AMB color….I’m getting pretty excited about the possibility!
Are you sure the tape actually pulled the paint off the fender flare? When I had my wheels LineX the same thing happened. It looked like it messed up the paint finish on one of the flares when they pulled the tape off. As it turned out that wasn't the case and using some denatured alcohol (and some scrubbing) and then waxing it actually got it looking just fine again. Mine was a 2020. May be worth a try.

Blue Monster

Reaction score
To both Alex and Dale. I just recently purchased a 2022 AMB raptor. I have been struggling with two items. whether to ceramic coat and whether to keep the stock sticker package...which Alex seems to be the same as yours. Appears opinions are ceramic coating is worth it. I understand the prep is the most important and ensuring to get any swirls out of the paint.....so is it best to to let this be completed by a professional?

also about the stickers....Alex...your thoughts of keeping the stickers? they add contrast to the dark AMB color but the stock stickers look kinda well "cheap"...(and I have the on my Raptor so no offense). Dale....how do you like your AMB without stickers?

thanks for opinions and help.

Last edited:

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To both Alex and Dale. I just recently purchased a 2022 AMB raptor. I have been struggling with two items. whether to ceramic coat and whether to keep the stock sticker package...which Alex seems to be the same as yours. Appears opinions are ceramic coating is worth it. I understand the prep is the most important and ensuring to get any swirls out of the paint.....so is it best to to let this be completed by a professional?

also about the stickers....Alex...your thoughts of keeping the stickers? they add contract to the dark AMB color but the stock stickers look kinda well "cheap"...(and I have the on my Raptor so no offense). Dale....how do you like your AMB without stickers?

I see it as a time vs money issue. Since I am retired my time is my own and so I plan on doing it myself. Example: When I lived and worked in Vancouver I hired a contractor to build a home for me. Something I was quite capable of doing myself, however my job paid such that one hour at work could buy three hours of contractor time...

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score

also about the stickers....Alex...your thoughts of keeping the stickers? they add contrast to the dark AMB color but the stock stickers look kinda well "cheap"...(and I have the on my Raptor so no offense). Dale....how do you like your AMB without stickers?

I’ve paid to have 3 vehicles ceramic coated. I live in FL…so, elements can be pretty harsh! I believe the ceramic coat helps to keep my truck looking good (unfortunately, she stays parked in the driveway outside). However, I didn’t feel it was worth the $2-2.5K it was going to cost to have it done….so, I did it myself and I’m pleased with the result.

As for the graphics……I’ve never been a fan of the Raptor graphics. This is my 3rd Raptor and I ordered them all without graphics. If I wanted graphics, I would definitely go with Rappygraphics over the OEM’s. I agree with you, I think the graphics look cheap.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so final decision time as I am getting ceramic coat this week......keep the stickers or ditch the stickers?
....dang your photos uploaded in low rez so clicking on one to see the deep in the AMB and all ya get is a tiny picture!

and as for the stickers....I love them! If I wanted my very expensive truck to blend in maybe but I am proud of her and want her to stand out against the plain trucks. I want folks to know I have a Raptor!