AMB Buffed, polished and Ceramic Coated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Decided to save a couple thousand on this truck and do it myself this time. Every time I start a job like this, I find myself wondering why I did it…..anyway….shout out to all the hard working detailers out there! It’s not easy to do it right and is back breaking work!

Buffed it out using Chemical Guys products and applied a coat of C-quartz CQUK 110.

Don’t know if this truck will ever be this clean and shiny again…but, she sure looks good right now.

Painters tape did pull the paint off one of my fender flares (Saw this on other post…this confirms the paint on the flares is NOT great). But, might be able to turn this into a win win for me. My dealer already owes my an IOU for a few rock chips prior to delivery. I’ve asked him if he could make me a deal to paint match my flares vs warrantying the flare and foregoing the IOU. He though he could make it happen and is running it up the flag pole. I’ve never considered matching the flares on my Raptors…but, after installing the black Venomrex wheels and falling deeply in love with AMB color….I’m getting pretty excited about the possibility!

Attachments

• F9F27A3D-0300-4801-8859-91B89A8F1F25.jpeg
    F9F27A3D-0300-4801-8859-91B89A8F1F25.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 95FA3B66-9BEE-47CA-B3AF-C68B137D0526.jpeg
    95FA3B66-9BEE-47CA-B3AF-C68B137D0526.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 7DFC2809-038B-44D5-9203-5E3053DC2110.jpeg
    7DFC2809-038B-44D5-9203-5E3053DC2110.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 9D31D302-21D2-4CED-ADAF-B2021F5E1516.jpeg
    9D31D302-21D2-4CED-ADAF-B2021F5E1516.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 279E4512-9152-4C2B-9867-22281110E308.jpeg
    279E4512-9152-4C2B-9867-22281110E308.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 346

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it will look good, color matched, if you're into that, some are, some aren't. Can't wait to see the pictures after that's done.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the pictures don’t do it justice, I can tell it has a nasty glare it must look amazing in person! How do you like the Chemical Guys product? I’ve been itching to do mine as well

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
I’m sure the pictures don’t do it justice, I can tell it has a nasty glare it must look amazing in person! How do you like the Chemical Guys product? I’ve been itching to do mine as well
I use Chemical Guys and Adam’s Polishes…..both make great products.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting

am sure there are some on the forum that prefer to drive and not clean it to infinity, but reckon just sitting at home and cleaning/polishing is cheaper (probably safer)

do not understand the desire to "color match" the fender flares, but have known some ladies that were careful about colors of their wardrobe accessories, so that seems like the same thing with fender flare colorization.

but, damn, its just a fender flare!
what you gonna do when some poor homeless person bumps their shopping cart into one of your prized color matched fender flares, sonny?

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Forums exist only to help others spend $$. If painting flairs I would make sure I talked with Line-x to know cost of both normal and color matched application. All of the options are very much a personal touch. I just know for me one week after paint comes a nice pin stripe job or worse so Line-x sorta is a great future insurance policy. It is pretty easy to get a good comparison by lookping at color match bed applications.

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
interesting

am sure there are some on the forum that prefer to drive and not clean it to infinity, but reckon just sitting at home and cleaning/polishing is cheaper (probably safer)

do not understand the desire to "color match" the fender flares, but have known some ladies that were careful about colors of their wardrobe accessories, so that seems like the same thing with fender flare colorization.

but, damn, its just a fender flare!
what you gonna do when some poor homeless person bumps their shopping cart into one of your prized color matched fender flares, sonny?
Now I understand and will try harder next time Karen. I’m the future, I will be sure that you approve of and sign off on all my decisions. Now, go jump your Raptor higher and be sure to take and post video please. Have a good day.

DrastikRaptor

Reaction score
Decided to save a couple thousand on this truck and do it myself this time. Every time I start a job like this, I find myself wondering why I did it…..anyway….shout out to all the hard working detailers out there! It’s not easy to do it right and is back breaking work!

Buffed it out using Chemical Guys products and applied a coat of C-quartz CQUK 110.

Don’t know if this truck will ever be this clean and shiny again…but, she sure looks good right now.

Painters tape did pull the paint off one of my fender flares (Saw this on other post…this confirms the paint on the flares is NOT great). But, might be able to turn this into a win win for me. My dealer already owes my an IOU for a few rock chips prior to delivery. I’ve asked him if he could make me a deal to paint match my flares vs warrantying the flare and foregoing the IOU. He though he could make it happen and is running it up the flag pole. I’ve never considered matching the flares on my Raptors…but, after installing the black Venomrex wheels and falling deeply in love with AMB color….I’m getting pretty excited about the possibility!
Nice work man. I buffed and ceramic coated my truck also. Took me almost all weekend on and off. The prep and buffing took forever. But all worth it in the end.