AMAZON online orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its not only Amazon, most all online/mail order is getting screwed up. FedX smart post is the dumbest delivery ******** up addresses and lost items. I ordered a small RubberMaid deck box from Home Depot and they shipped a 7' x 7' RubberMaid shed from the vendor via freight weighing 325 lbs. and put it in front of my garage door. After calling Home Depot stating I can't get my vehicle out of the garage and that they messed up the order all I got from them was we will contact the vendor. That was days ago and still no word.
Post the shed in the "for sale section" here, that'll teach them.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People love to bitch about Amazon, but they've revolutionized shopping and have been responsible for the evolution of supply chain for many things. People have a short memory and don't recall having to research like hell the company they were buying from to make sure they were not only legit but wouldn't take a month to ship, try to make you pay for return shipping if they made a mistake, try to make you pay 15% 'restocking fee' if you returned something for any reason and so on. Vs a few mouse clicks and something shows up 2 days later, or sometimes even the next day.

I probably get more Amazon deliveries than most, with my wife in the Vine review program. (google it, but we basically get unlimited free stuff as long as we review it) During the pandemic there has definitely been some struggle with Prime delivery shipping taking a bit longer, sometimes some ordering issues, etc. This is to be expected, they are scrambling trying to keep up with a big uptick in shipping as people are staying home and ordering everything. They have a shortage of warehouse staff, drivers and other support staff and are trying to hire enough to keep up with demand. And keep in mind they're dealing with the shipping companies who are more often at fault then they themselves are.

Long story short for the OP, no this isn't normal pre-covid, and even a bit abnormal considering how things are now. I've found the best way to deal with things like this is the online chat support. Complain a little and they'll give you some free $$ to use later. Complain a little more (escalate) and they'll probably give you more. I do this EVERY TIME there is a delay and it pays for my yearly Prime membership and probably more. ;)
Great advice, thank you.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I've used Amazon maybe 3 times total, they keep harassing for me to go "prime" for fast delivery, etc. It's just a scam to me, the other couple of times, they said it would take 2 weeks and it showed up in less than a week, maybe I was lucky or its part of their marketing strategy and now Im getting screwed around. We will see if after I get this package (praying) that they start with more emails offering discounts on Prime or whatever it is to get packages quicker and safer.
I make my money back from Prime in the first week of January. I receive most stuff in a day, some stuff the same day. They definitely lose money on me just from the membership fee. I also watch a lot of movies on Prime video.

Last edited:

faultball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have also started packing stuff like they are on acid when they throw crap in the box. I ordered a flag graphic and they used it to protect a Curt ball mount! I tried on 2 different orders and they kept using the graphic as packing material. I got smart (I thought) and ordered it by itself. They jammed it FOLDED into an envelope and sent it out. WTF!!
They have also started packing stuff like they are on acid when they throw crap in the box. I ordered a flag graphic and they used it to protect a Curt ball mount! I tried on 2 different orders and they kept using the graphic as packing material. I got smart (I thought) and ordered it by itself. They jammed it FOLDED into an envelope and sent it out. WTF!!

Yupppp Amazon packing sucks...

upload_2020-10-17_12-20-59.jpeg

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon has gotten sloppy over the last couple of months. Ordered item - sent right brand wrong model. Returned and now on back order.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it finally arrived today!! I can't believe how big the packaging is for a wire, fuse and a couple shrink tubes. Funny thing is Amazon credited me $22.00 a couple days ago, for a return that I never returned, so I was surprised this actually showed up and it came in the mail, not in a delivery van..

IMAG0599.jpg