Amazon car care...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

looking into some different car care products and I know there are some high-end stuff out there. I am looking for something that is not junk but not multiple of hundreds of dollars. I found some different packages from Chemical Guys on amazon and was wondering if anybody had experience with them or another solution? linking the package that I am looking at below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1MGNGC/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought chemical guys soap for my foam cannon and I really like it. That's the only product I have from them currently but I will try others as I run out of my current supplies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Benjamin Yates
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think after some price research I am going to invest in some of their products.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had great luck with optimum technology products. Available at Autogeek(has use videos also see you tube) opti guard 99$
Over 10 years on zr1 vette, 2014 GT500 5 years 2019 raptor 5 months, and others. If you can wash and wax a car you can diy.
Paint always looks good like new. Almost no water spots after rain dirt doesn’t stick nothing does. I wouldn’t use anything else. No complaints

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Hey guys,

looking into some different car care products and I know there are some high-end stuff out there. I am looking for something that is not junk but not multiple of hundreds of dollars. I found some different packages from Chemical Guys on amazon and was wondering if anybody had experience with them or another solution? linking the package that I am looking at below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1MGNGC/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Glass cleaner sucks.
Honey dew is good
Butter wax is ok but there are more durable options
Noodle mitt is great, buy 6 or so
Wheel brush is good
Microfibres are fine
I have not used the rest.

Generally the CG sprayers suck and I end up decanting them into other sprayers when they fail.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chemical Guys is kinda like Harbor Freight....a handful of really good products amongst several that are average or below. OK for the average guy cleaning his car in the driveway but they aren't on par with higher end products.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Chemical Guys is kinda like Harbor Freight....a handful of really good products amongst several that are average or below. OK for the average guy cleaning his car in the driveway but they aren't on par with higher end products.

I used to exclusively use CG. Then I started to notice exactly what you're saying.

I've tried most of the other brands, but switched most of my stuff to Shine Supply since then. Everything works really well and it keeps things simple. The only knock on them is I can't get it on Amazon like I could with CG.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
If you want to go with a single supplier, Adam's stuff is good. I only use 1 or 2 of their products regularly though.

Some of my favourites, I tend to use cheap but excellent products rather than pay top dollar for minimal incremental benefit.:

SEALANT
FK1000P

QUICK SEALANT
Ultima Paint Guard Plus (not a good topper, use on clean paint)
Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish (SUNLIGHT OK)

WHEELS/TIRES
MEGUIARS ALL WHEEL CLEANER (ph neutral)
Megs wheel brightener (acid)
Superclean 4:1
EZ Detail Brush Big
Adams tire cleaner

CAR WASH/FOAM: PH NEUTRAL. (I only use this if car is basically clean)
Blue Coral wash and wax

CAR WASH/FOAM: Alkaline. (I use this most of the time)
Purple power vehicle and boat

Iron/FALLOUT
Sonax Fallout cleaner

TAR
wd40
citron 266 if the WD40 isn't working

PAINT FILLERS (covers light scratching)
Poorboys black hole
Autoglym SRP

WINDOWS
Stoner
Aquapel
G-TECHNIQ G1

TRIM
Pre-WOW Pre-Cleaner by Black WOW
Solution finish trim restorer

INTERIOR

LEATHER
Leatherique
Chemical bros leather detailer

I get most stuff at Amazon or Autogeek which has regular 25% coupons with free shipping.