Am I missing out on anything by doing my own oil changes and maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey185

Reaction score
The problem with Ford doing the rotation is they don’t balance them, I always take mine to the tire shop because the 35 inch tire really should be balanced every rotation.
I did my own oil change at 5000 but I used the Motorcraft oil they suggested, I wasn’t sure what oil to use so I stuck with what they suggest.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The problem with Ford doing the rotation is they don’t balance them, I always take mine to the tire shop because the 35 inch tire really should be balanced every rotation.
I did my own oil change at 5000 but I used the Motorcraft oil they suggested, I wasn’t sure what oil to use so I stuck with what they suggest.

I think that if you've hit one of the front tires hard or have done hard off roading then it's a good idea to have them balanced or if you notice and abnormal steering after rotation otherwise balancing IMO is unnecessary.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get ceramic beads installed and you will never need to balance the tires. They will always run true. I've got them in Raptor, F350, plus on my double axle trailer. The beads work.