Am I missing out on anything by doing my own oil changes and maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you rotate the tires with one floor jack?

Drop the spare. (i had tpms installed in the spare)

• put spare in right rear.
  • put right rear in right front
  • put right front in left rear
  • put left rear in left front
  • left front goes to new spare

With a good floor jack, it is very easy to lift a corner. i have a big compressor and and air tools, so it goes very quickly.

I have 19,*** miles on my stock K02's now. by rotating every 7,500, I should be able to get 45,*** or more out of these tires.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop the spare. (i had tpms installed in the spare)

• put spare in right rear.
  • put right rear in right front
  • put right front in left rear
  • put left rear in left front
  • left front goes to new spare

With a good floor jack, it is very easy to lift a corner. i have a big compressor and and air tools, so it goes very quickly.

I have 19,*** miles on my stock K02's now. by rotating every 7,500, I should be able to get 45,*** or more out of these tires.

Thanks! Didn't consider using the spare. I'll just have to get the TPMS and training tool.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Didn't consider using the spare. I'll just have to get the TPMS and training tool.

you dont need to buy the tool.

Thee are a few threads. just buy the ford TPM sensor, and get it installed ($20ish)

Put the wheel on the truck and drive. the truck will figure it out in about 10-20 miles.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of you need to find a better local dealer :)

When I lived in AK I did my own maintenance because I could do it myself faster than it would take me to schedule an appt, drive to dealer, drive home, etc.

I work 200 yards away from a ford dealership so I have them do my maintenance. The $20-30 bucks I would save to do it myself doesnt outweigh the convenience IMO. Today i dropped my truck off for an oil change and they actually volunteered to replace my steering wheel under warranty without me mentioning anything (there is a small/weird wear spot on the red stripe - just a cosmetic blemish). They ordered it and I'll be taking my truck back on thursday to get it taken care of. Definitely happy about that.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you rotate the tires with one floor jack? I have to rotate them soon for the first time and I'm trying to strategize the best way to do it with one floor jack and jack stands. I'd figure I would ask someone that has done it already and take their advice.

use your 5th tire in the rotation.

OP
OP
Nickshu

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still take mine to the dealer. I cringe giving it to them every time but I get oil change and tire rotation for $29 w/ coupon. I have to # my tires or they do not rotate them. Also check the oil before I pull out to make sure they fill it to the proper level. I don't have the equipment/patience to do the tire rotation in my driveway.

Tire rotation on these huge tires might make the trip to the dealer worth it for every other oil change (10K) LOL.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
^^I like it and it looks like it would be easy to store when not in use.

It is easy to store because the two large rollers where the tire rests have quick disconnect pins.

I did have to set the rollers to the outer hole which made it much easier to put the tire back on. Also having the tire sit about 6 inches away from the back of the rollers helped in mounting the tires.