Am I lucky or screwed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New, and looking for some wisdom from the insane amount of experience and knowledge found here. It’s a weird story, and I’m *hopeful* it speeds up the process for my somewhat recent order. I’ll make it bullet point style to make it easier to digest.

Any wisdom/thoughts greatly appreciated

-Dealer received two allocations for 2022 Raptor.
-The one I snagged was for a previously placed order for a fully optioned 37pp placed in October 21, but the guy since backed out.
-dealer never canceled the order and left it in the system and was going to sell it as stock if no one picked it up.
-I picked it up, they were able to change the order to my name, change to a 35, remove SS, remove spray liner, and change color.
-I do have a DORA, and I received confirmation from Ford by email within a couple minutes.

Here’s my question.

Is it possible that the original order from Oct 21 was stuck in purgatory because it was a fully optioned 37, and because I changed it to a 35, and removed auto SS and Bedliner commodity issues, that it could still be in line from the October order, and speed up the process for VIN and build dates for the new, less commodity issue stricken spec?

I’m totally fine with waiting, but this weird situation gives me some (possibly false) hope that ford will see an allocated October order that has been changed to a spec that is no longer as hard to build, and move forward with VIN and scheduling faster than if it was an order placed a week ago.

Likely wishful thinking, but I’m going to let myself be crazy enough to think it’s possible. Like I said, if it takes 6-8 months that sucks, but I’ll live.

What do y’all think? Possible?

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off of a chat with FP, and they confirmed that they are still working on scheduling October orders, the last big push for Raptor scheduling groups was done mid January, and that the order I took over originally placed 26 Oct 21 should be scheduled with the other October orders, and not treated as brand new. I might’ve hit the lottery!

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang I contacted them a month ago and they said the same thing....
With all the 21’s that got pushed to a 22, it makes some sense to me. They told me to check in with FP and my dealer every week, so time will tell. Original order was 26 October so I’m at the end of the line for Oct orders anyway.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the 21’s that got pushed to a 22, it makes some sense to me. They told me to check in with FP and my dealer every week, so time will tell. Original order was 26 October so I’m at the end of the line for Oct orders anyway.
tbh FP doesn’t know anything about scheduling since they don’t handle that. They just track your order. I wouldn’t be too optimistic on what FP say.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tbh FP doesn’t know anything about scheduling since they don’t handle that. They just track your order. I wouldn’t be too optimistic on what FP say.
The FP rep did say that they do not know much of anything surrounding exact timelines and the way scheduling is accomplished, but mentioned they are familiar with the general way it works, and when large batches are done from all the inquiries and orders that come through (aka emails from their leadership with general information). I have no reason not to believe what he said but I’ll remain optimistic it’s true

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FP rep did say that they do not know much of anything surrounding exact timelines and the way scheduling is accomplished, but mentioned they are familiar with the general way it works, and when large batches are done from all the inquiries and orders that come through (aka emails from their leadership with general information). I have no reason not to believe what he said but I’ll remain optimistic it’s true
I understand but I have friends who talked to FP and they are never consistent on what they say. Thats why im not optimistic on the info they provide sometimes.