Am I Dreaming, Or Can I Join The Club With 50K?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 13k delta for a new truck with full warranty is really what you are looking at. The updated shocks are nice, but not a deal breaker. It’s not my money, but to me I think the 19 is the better value, but it’s real close. The 19 will always have more value than the 17 when you go to sell it, and you will be out of warranty in one year or so on the 17. But 55k for a 17 802a with 20k miles is a fair deal also.

bmexline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a '19 Ruby Red. If you can swing the extra money, I don't believe it's much of a choice at all. Get the new one. Raptors aren't like normal vehicles as far as depreciation and resale go. They still depreciate and still lose resale value just not as quickly as "normal" vehicles. They are similar to Super Duty Diesels. The resale is so high on a nice used one that I find myself just buying a new one and being done with it. My wife's explorer? We bought it a year old with 17k miles on it and saved a mountain of money.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a '19 Ruby Red. If you can swing the extra money, I don't believe it's much of a choice at all. Get the new one. Raptors aren't like normal vehicles as far as depreciation and resale go. They still depreciate and still lose resale value just not as quickly as "normal" vehicles. They are similar to Super Duty Diesels. The resale is so high on a nice used one that I find myself just buying a new one and being done with it. My wife's explorer? We bought it a year old with 17k miles on it and saved a mountain of money.

This is very true, you can't really get a "deal" on a used Raptor. It is one of the few vehicles where buying new usually makes more sense. That being said I hate telling people how to spend their money especially if they have a strict budget. If you are okay financially getting the new one do it. If you feel like it might be a little tight for whatever reason, there is nothing wrong at all in buying that used 17 for 55k.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My budget is $60k TOPS out the door (tax, license, etc.). I will be ordering a base 800a SCAB when the 2020 order books open up. I considered going used but would rather have a full bumper to bumper warranty and the newest model year for my money.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I have the 2019 Ruby Red Metallic and I really love this truck.

It's your decision but I don't think you can go wrong with the 2019 since you'll have a full warranty and all of the latest updates.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
only thing w/ the '19s if you ever decide to modify the suspension in any way I know its gonna be a lil more complicated w/ the special shocks, but you're looking at a truck that is 2 years newer w/ a full warranty & holds value like a sombitch

I dunno if you'd regret 801a over 802a - on one hand you seem very keen on keeping costs down & getting a good deal but on other hand say you think you'll regret not having all the bells & whistles, really tough to have it both ways w/ a Raptor especially w/ the way it holds resale.

FWIW - I have an 801a w/ extra options of sunroof/bed lights/side spot light LEDs/beadlocks/tailgate step/BLIS w/ trailer tow monitoring/navi/power windows/remote start/sync3 connect/factory bed liner & the tailgate applique. It had the

ONLY Thing that I miss is memory seats lol, peforated 2 tone leather seating 10 way power adjustable w/ heat & Raptor stitching but NO MEMORY FUNCTION is just insane & classic case of Ford trolling potential buyers to not be a tight *** & ante up $10k additional to get such a measly common option lol The other things I'd like but am OK w/ not having is the front locking diff, the carbon fiber interior trim, & the front 360 camera. But that would turn my truck from a $66k highly optioned 801a to a damn near completely fully loaded $76k truck - which was simply too much for me. I also had those $1100 bed side stickers that were removed before I even took delivery, if I was building an '18 Raptor I most likely would've kept everything else the same removed the sunroof & stickers saving $2500 & instead added the front locker & the front camera, & still would be bitching bout no memory seats lol

I actually prefer the non-body colored "rough" textured plastic door handles & mirrors #1 b/c raptor & #2 b/c I have a black truck so it really doesn't make much of a diff aesthetically, I don't think it would

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '19, previously had an '18. To me, there is a noticeable difference in the suspension, even on the street. It just feels more controlled, especially at speed. Substantial upgrade to me (though that was not the reason I upgraded).

However, if you're trying to be "cost conscience", then go for the 17 - the AG is gorgeous and you could likely do something in the aftermarket suspension-wise (for far less than 13k).

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$50k used to get you a nicely equipped supercrew Raptor, essentially loaded, now all it gets is a heavy stripper supercab on sale, if you can even find it.

Just get an FX4 F150 with whatever options you want. Well under $50k all day long.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My budget is $60k TOPS out the door (tax, license, etc.). I will be ordering a base 800a SCAB when the 2020 order books open up. I considered going used but would rather have a full bumper to bumper warranty and the newest model year for my money.
I hope that I will keep mine for a long time. I bought it with an extended warranty X10 years. Also 100k miles with of oil changes. I figure at $40 per oil change for o motorcraft full synthetic, filter and tire rotation... Hard to not take. Also heard from a guy that works in used car dealer that they cannot offer factory extended warranty on used raptor like they can for most other cars. Even with a figure like $8k for the notorious Land Rover at $50+k depreciation in 2-3 yrs. I cannot validate that, but just something to consider as well.