Am I Crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned my gear indicator off and much prefer it. No more obsessing over how much it shifts or why it’s in a gear. If I want power I hammer it. I just traded my 2018 for a 2019 and it does feel a little stiffer so far but it’s not broken in yet either. Also, try leaving it in A4, it will track way better over stuffer bumps and potholes. I kinda of like the feeling of sliding around corners lol.

hd750

Reaction score
As said. Check your tire pressure, if you haven't already. These things are coming from the dealer with too much air in the tires. A little goes a long way. I am at 36f/32r, way nicer than 42 or whatever it came with.

Also, I look up sometime and my gear lights are gone, simple tap on the upshift paddle, all good. I guess I am accidentally mashing the button on the shifter or hitting a paddle.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I picked up my 2019 SCREW it had over 50 PSI in the tires. Check and air them down remembering the pressure will rise 3-4 psi when they get hot. Good luck...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
While some people here continue to believe that the disappearance of the transmission gear range on the dash is a "bug", it is indeed an intended feature called PRS (progressive range selection).

To enable PRS, one presses the "-" button on the gearshift. Once in PRS the available gears and the current gear are displayed on the dash. Hit "-" again and it locks out 10th, again it locks out 9th and so on. Press "+" until all 10 gears are shown and available. Press "+" one more time and it turns off PRS and the transmission gear ranges are no longer shown on the dash display.

When the truck is in PRS mode it remains in that mode through multiple start cycles so there's no reason to have to enable it each time.

The feature has been present in many Ford Trucks and Expeditions for years and is clearly explained in owner's manuals.

it is a bug, and the gear position display disappearance is documented.... where?

I understand it’s been there since time immemorial, but it’s not like Ford has cornered the market on some fantastic idea here, just look how many people have posted “WTF happened to my gear shift display”.

if it was intended, why not correct the manual after say... I don’t know, the first 5 years? because you know for as many of us pinheads who have fat thumbed the gear shift and posted on here about why the gear position display is gone, there’s probably 1 in 4 heading to the dealer asking the same thing.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is a bug, and the gear position display disappearance is documented.... where?

I understand it’s been there since time immemorial, but it’s not like Ford has cornered the market on some fantastic idea here, just look how many people have posted “WTF happened to my gear shift display”.

if it was intended, why not correct the manual after say... I don’t know, the first 5 years? because you know for as many of us pinheads who have fat thumbed the gear shift and posted on here about why the gear position display is gone, there’s probably 1 in 4 heading to the dealer asking the same thing.

Where? Ummmmm how about the Raptor owner's manual? Ever read it? I stated that in my post that you quoted above, appears you quoted that without reading it as well. LOL

Not sure why you are so aggressive.

It's been in the Raptor Supplemental owners manual for years under 'Transmission' along with Ford's error in grammar that's been there for years as well.

And you'll find it here on the 2015 Expedition manual page 198 https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/ford/2015-expedition.pdf

and here in the 2016 F150 owners manual pages 184/185.
https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/ford/2016-f150.pdf

and here in the 2017 Super Duty owners manual under 'transmission" http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

Would you like me to post up manuals for all F150s, Super Duty's, Expeditions, etc for the last 5 years and reference the page numbers for you? I'd be more than happy to...

I'm not disputing this " but it’s not like Ford has cornered the market on some fantastic idea here, just look how many people have posted “WTF happened to my gear shift display”." I'm stating that it's been a documented feature in many Ford products for at least 5 years, yet you continue to incorrectly refer to it as a bug giving Ford and Raptor a bad name to those who don't know better..

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tire pressure is displayed on your gauge cluster.

I find that the 19s are very sensitive to over inflation/higher pressures where the gen1 was not.

Thanks guys, I'll double check the pressure tomorrow and adjust to your suggested pressures and see how that helps.

757Nomad

Reaction score
Where? Ummmmm how about the Raptor owner's manual? Ever read it? I stated that in my post that you quoted above, appears you quoted that without reading it as well. LOL

Not sure why you are so aggressive.

It's been in the Raptor Supplemental owners manual for years under 'Transmission' along with Ford's error in grammar that's been there for years as well.

And you'll find it here on the 2015 Expedition manual page 198 https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/ford/2015-expedition.pdf

and here in the 2016 F150 owners manual pages 184/185.
https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/ford/2016-f150.pdf

and here in the 2017 Super Duty owners manual under 'transmission" http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

Would you like me to post up manuals for all F150s, Super Duty's, Expeditions, etc for the last 5 years and reference the page numbers for you? I'd be more than happy to...

I'm not disputing this " but it’s not like Ford has cornered the market on some fantastic idea here, just look how many people have posted “WTF happened to my gear shift display”." I'm stating that it's been a documented feature in many Ford products for at least 5 years, yet you continue to incorrectly refer to it as a bug giving Ford and Raptor a bad name to those who don't know better..

There is a difference between locking out a gear or two or four within the display to keep the truck in a more performance oriented RPM range all the time, but having the entire display disappear is a bit unnerving the first time it happens. Bug or not.

To the OP, the rear of these trucks can sort of skip along on uneven terrain if you are turning with some speed or under throttle. I agree on the tire pressure point. Mine came with 45PSI in them. I run 34 to 36 PSI in all 4 and the ride mellowed out significantly. The general consensus on the site is also Deavers make a huge difference. I don't have them on my truck so I can only take the word of other FRF'ers who have modded their rear suspension.