Am I a poser if I buy a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First...that number :99% of Raptor owners never take their truck off road"...most around here use a number of 50%....but not that important...
Second, many have said this...buy the vehicle you want and don't worry about what some group thinks...

Third, please don't complain about it's street truck shortcomings...do your homework so you know what it WON"T do...

D

Deleted member 12951

Not a poser, especially if you do take it to the dirt every once in awhile. Bear in mind that the rear end is softer for hauling heavy stuff in the bed but you can swap out the leaf springs for some Deaver HD ones.

Only a poser if you take the raptor and ruin its off-road capability with distasteful mods like a 4-6” lift, 20-22” wheels and a big heavy bulky front bumper with cheap Chinese no-brand lights.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First...that number :99% of Raptor owners never take their truck off road"...most around here use a number of 50%....but not that important...

I don't know how anyone could really come up with anything remotely accurate on this. Some will say you don't use it for offroad unless you've take it out for a few hours at least once a month. Others will claim they use it for offroad because they parked in the grass at the church parking lot one time.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could really come up with anything remotely accurate on this. Some will say you don't use it for offroad unless you've take it out for a few hours at least once a month. Others will claim they use it for offroad because they parked in the grass at the church parking lot one time.
Agreed....but I do know 99% can't be correct...

OP
OP
BrazenC5

BrazenC5

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback all! In the next few weeks I'll look to schedule some time to stop by a local dealership and schedule a test drive.

I like the performance blue color in the build configurator but got to take a look at it in person.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor will spend most of the time on the pavement, so am I a poser if I buy a raptor?

BrazenCS,
No you won't be a poser brother. Its a truck you're buying to suit your needs. If its all good with you, don't worry about what anyone else thinks cause here at this site we're alright with however you want to use it.