Am I a poser if I buy a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOT a "Poser" at all...buy what you like and drive it as you like....which with the Raptor will be as if you stole it..!! Its all good...My GF keeps begging me to go get a load of Dirt for her garden.... NOT IN MY RAPTOR..!! 10 yards were DELIVERED last week...LOL...
Have only had mine off-road 2x since I bought in Jan....mainly due to 3 month back surgery recovery,but mostly waiting to find a few local guys that have more experience than me....
Buy it....you will not regret it..! and if you buy a Gen 1..you just might not ever sell it..!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My GF keeps begging me to go get a load of Dirt for her garden.... NOT IN MY RAPTOR..!! 10 yards were DELIVERED last week...LOL...

You'd only be able to fit like 2 yards in the bed anyway. And shoveling all that out, then getting back into your truck for another trip...what a pain. Delivery will only cost like 75 bucks and save a few hours of manual labor plus cleaning up the truck.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As was previously mentioned...and my experience also... if you are hauling materials and camping gear you might not like the Raptor. Even though it can "handle" the load it squats a LOT. Then you have to deal with getting flashed by everyone who thinks your high-beams are on. With all of the other gadgets on these trucks they should have included self leveling lights.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd only be able to fit like 2 yards in the bed anyway. And shoveling all that out, then getting back into your truck for another trip...what a pain. Delivery will only cost like 75 bucks and save a few hours of manual labor plus cleaning up the truck.

LMAO...you think she cares if it took me 5 trips.....!!
Only thing that saved me is I'm recovering from a major 5 disc spine surgery...THANK YOU DOC...no more shoveling anything for me...
But yeah...she had 10 yards delivered last week...and took all of 30 seconds for guy to dump it...I DONT know exactly the cost to deliver it,but saw her hand the guy $400...and all I said was..OMG..$400 for dirt...thats 4 tank fulls of gas for our baby...Guess it was some Organic Stuff...no weeds...and have to say,for dirt,its pretty stuff..LOL

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Raptors probably won’t hold value that well
when they’re being sold at $7k off msrp

you live in LA and can’t make time to go to Barstow or Dove Springs!? I live in Canada and I go there every couple of months, get with it, get dirty, are you man enough.......?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 Raptors probably won’t hold value that well
when they’re being sold at $7k off msrp

you live in LA and can’t make time to go to Barstow or Dove Springs!? I live in Canada and I go there every couple of months, get with it, get dirty, are you man enough.......?

Or how about this: You do you and I'll do me.

alwaysworkin

Reaction score
Been a lurker here for a little while now and finally decided to join, in part due to the similarity of my situation to the OP's question. I've been looking at F150's for some time now and almost purchased a Platinum several weeks ago. Held off because I simply didn't feel like it was worth the $60k before incentives, and the fact that they depreciate like crazy in the first few years. Fast forward to this past week and I finally had a chance to take a Raptor for a test drive. Then went back and took it for an extended test drive to make sure it would fit in my garage. Almost bought it, but am having trouble getting used to it's sheer size and whether it'll grow on me or I'll get annoyed by it.

But, the driving experience was amazing! I'm still on the fence on what to do and will start a new thread so as to not hijack yours. I'm in the same boat where I need a truck for the utility of the bed on a pretty regular basis, but also want something that's exciting to drive. If I could just get my head around the size of it I'd have bought it by now. I'm coming from a relatively small Chevy Colorado, and prior to that have owned nothing but small cars (BMW 3 series coupe, Porsche Cayman, Mustang, etc.). I'm trying to use the fact that they have historically held value as a selling point, but the fact of the matter is that history does not always repeat. There are so many risk factors out there that could torpedo depreciation it's not something I'd bank on. Good luck with your decision!