ALTERNATOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 170,000 miles on my Raptor 6.2L still Running Strong. Still has original Alternator. Can anyone tell me how long there original Alternator has lasted? Or should I just bite the bullet and get new alternator anyways

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would guess if the bearings are quiet still, then you are only concerned with the brushes inside, so, who knows, depends how many sustained high RPM's your motor has been abused at. If you are the original owner and have just cruised on the highway, you might get another 100k out of it. It's mechanical though, anything can happen. Only problem with a spare alternator is having to pay that stupid core charge.

OP
OP
Nesc204

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds promising Sano. I had to just replace one in a Subaru I use to go back and forth to work in. It just completely died on me this weekend and to get it towed home. The Subaru lasted 175,000 miles. Thats what got me wandering about my Truck cause when I use my truck its usually long distance going to MX tracks

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Had to replace mine on my 2010 6.2 at 170k CCW in the middle of a trip in Montana. Small town great dealership replaced it the next day.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
I’min the same boat mines whining. Called a dealership for one and they told me they are on prolonged back order.