Alternative Offroad A-Pillar Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I do not recall that quote.

I want to see night shots before jumping on this plan, but I was thinking squadron spots for my needs.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little body shop trick...I drill an .125" hole thru the hood flange and into the hood, and when you are lining things back up you put that drill in backwards thru the flange into the hood to line things up..of course drill just deep enough to line things up...

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A little body shop trick...I drill an .125" hole thru the hood flange and into the hood, and when you are lining things back up you put that drill in backwards thru the flange into the hood to line things up..of course drill just deep enough to line things up...

Genius!

ShadowViper

Reaction score
Thanks, great idea with the XL next to the lp6, gives a good idea on size difference, which the lp6 is a bit bigger but imo doesn't look to bad in comparison to the overall truck size. It didn't seem to have much issues with light over the hood. By chance can you get a pic with daytime running on the lp6.

I might be the only crazy **** who has thought about using those lp6's like that so really do appreciate the pictures. My lighting plan is to do a 40in light bar, white spot or driving/combo, in the bumper, with dual 10in wide ambers for fogs, and then use the lp6's white combos facing more out than straight ahead.

Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't have the LP6 installed on my truck anymore.

Actually the founder of Raptor Takeover runs LP6's on his truck in the pillar location. He likes them.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do these mounts have more shake then the style that mounts to the hood bolts on the frame / lower hood bolts??

Also is there any interference with the radio ant. and the XL80?

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have not really tested radio interference but didn't notice any shaking at all. Im sure if I hit the trails it'll shake a little but they seemed pretty solid

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry what I mean is when opening the hood does the XL80 clear the actually antenna.

Most hood mounts do shake a little on the rough stuff and that shake comes form the bracket height and design. The hood on my Gen1 shakes more then the bracket does on washboard trails because they are mounted to the solid base of the truck where the lower hood hinge mounts.

I guess if the alternative off road mount style shakes a bit on rough stuff its a trade off for the simple mounting, I like the idea for sure.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ohh yeah they clear it. I've been under my hood a lot in the last week, never an issue. It seems pretty solid. I never notice any bouncing around/etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir