GEN 2 Alternative offroad A Pillar mount fitment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
??? Light bar across your hood? What are we a buncha Jeepers??? lol

Why stop there, let's do a hi-lift jack as well

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a "A" pillar mounts that hold two lights, one on top of the other staggered? I once saw a picture of it on a Gen 2.

They are sold as a pair.

The ZROADZ Adapter plate.
F143871690.jpg

Anyone know of a "A" pillar mounts that hold two lights, one on top of the other staggered? I once saw a picture of it on a Gen 2.
Z-Roadz makes an adapter that sits on top of the mount. But Zroadz is made overseas so not recommended for brackets. Better to use the SDHQ or Alternative Offroad brackets and then just cut a plate out of stainless (powder coat it too) that can support 2 lights. Just a flat piece with 3 holes

It looks like the LED Lights are imported, but everything else is American Made. When I picked up my A-Pillar bracket mounts I was able to see the production facility in Southern California.
So far, I am pretty happy and the were a breeze to put on.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
any tips for aiming the XL80s on the a-pillar mounts?

I was doing just fine aiming at the neighbor’s house across the street when my wife said I should turn the lights off

(I’m running the xl80s with S8 on up fitter #1) “you’d better stop, Mike & Christine’s siding is melting”.

I don’t think it’s -that- bad, betting they won’t even notice it’s warped.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like to park about 40' from a wall and turn my headlights on. I then put the spots just on the inside of each low beam and then have them ABOUT the same height as the low beams.

Are you using a relay for your XL80s & S8? If not you're going to blow the fuse. Upfitter #1 is only rated at 15amps.

XL80s are 5.79A each
S8 bar is 12Amps

So that's a total of 23.48 amps. Even with a 25Amp fuse you'll probably blow the fuse. You'd want a relay with a 30amp fuse on it (and of course relays that can handle 30 amps)

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Are you using a relay for your XL80s & S8? If not you're going to blow the fuse. Upfitter #1 is only rated at 15amps.

XL80s are 5.79A each
S8 bar is 12Amps

hybrid. s8 was already on a relay. With 7 forward facing LED’s already, plus 2x rear facing, plus electric air horns and 2x amps, the wiring is a little... crowded... shall we say? I started to trace to the s8 relay, and did some quick math and realized just the 2 xl80s plus the relay trigger for the s8 is well under 15a.

Heck... I don’t even remember the location of the s8 relay anymore, I’ve got an idea and I know it works but I don’t want any part of finding it.

I been using a parking lot / garage to do the aim the other lights but not sure I can make 40’ in there. it’s only rated at 6’8” so gotta be careful. Nice concrete walls and level pavement give me a good ref point. I was thinking of using a tape measure and some painters tape to mark where I want the beams.

I know I can make 25’, 40’? have to choose another venue. I’ve got a few others in mind.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Uhhh... what S8 are you running? A pair of XL80 are 11.58amps... this is all on 1 upfitter??? You have fire insurance on your truck?