Alright, talk me into it…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL4x4

Reaction score
At this point in time, the value for trading in most vehicles is still higher than normal due to inflation. That may work in your favor to get you into a Gen 3. This won‘t last. However if you like your Gen 2 and don’t mind rebuilding the shocks and then keep your truck.

Just a minor correction to your statement ... Used vehicles are higher in value due to supply and demand (short supply, huge demand due to the lack of new vehicle inventories) and not inflation. You could argue the prices are "inflated", but it's not because of inflation. Inflation is the rate at which the value of a currency is falling and, consequently, the general level of prices for goods and services is rising

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a minor correction to your statement ... Used vehicles are higher in value due to supply and demand (short supply, huge demand due to the lack of new vehicle inventories) and not inflation. You could argue the prices are "inflated", but it's not because of inflation. Inflation is the rate at which the value of a currency is falling and, consequently, the general level of prices for goods and services is rising
In reality it's a combination of both, the dollar has less buying power, plus an unprecedented demand and short supply of used cars has lead to astronomical and honestly comical prices. A used car should in practice never cost more than a new car, yet for a period of time, at dealers around the country you'd see used cars parked next to new counterparts at an even higher price. Or people on here selling used Raptors 2-3 years old for a profit!

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 2011 Gen 1 SCAB and now have a Leadfoot 2018 802A SCREW that I got for an absolute steal at invoice. No upgrades aside from Method Roosts, pedal commander and tonneau cover. Out of warranty at 46k miles. Cam phasers replaced, 21B10 done a week ago. Love the truck but at the point of needing shocks rebuilt/upgraded. She’s a pavement princess and daily driver.

I really have no reason to upgrade as I love my current truck and it’s beyond adequate for my needs but don’t want to miss out on maximizing the current value of my truck, I do love the idea of that 5 link rear suspension and I have two dealers willing to do MSRP - one has a 35 and one has a 37.

Mine will be paid off in 2 years, Raptor R is out of my price range but I do wonder if there will be a powerboost option in a few years that would pique my interest.

What do I do? Tune and upgrade suspension of mine or make the jump to the Gen 3?
Find a Ford Heiress...looks like she may be looking for #3??? 3rd times the charm...