Alright Ferd, time to get your ducks in a row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the damn things. The loaner I drove for two months had them. Another option I would pay money to delete. I can dream anyway. Ford getting rid of 800a for next year is a blow. I guess they have more chips than they need, eh?
Why waste chips on lower margin trucks when they see the ridiculous demand for 801A's? I'd come out with a $7,500 price increase like they did with the lightning, and eliminate the 800A as well from a business perspective. As a would be buyer, it sucks. I don't see myself getting a Gen 3 at any point it's current life cycle unless things change drastically. I'm an MSRP or below only customer.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why waste chips on lower margin trucks when they see the ridiculous demand for 801A's? I'd come out with a $7,500 price increase like they did with the lightning, and eliminate the 800A as well from a business perspective. As a would be buyer, it sucks. I don't see myself getting a Gen 3 at any point it's current life cycle unless things change drastically. I'm an MSRP or below only customer.
I agree. This whole chip thing is annoying. I hope they get it sorted by MY2025 when I'm shopping for a new truck. I'm like the short-bus fans complaining that they can't have a SCAB any more. I feel for them. If my 2020 doesn't give me trouble, I might try to keep it for ten years. Bad for Ford if they ever figure out how to build trucks again, but maybe good for me. I was planning to trade up because warranty, but given what a clusterfúck getting warranty work done is these days, maybe I'm better off at an indie shop anyway.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rain sense wipers work great. The guy who mentioned the program setting is probably on to something. Maybe Ferd/Ford had a glitch locking that function out for all instead of just that one.
I had a few issues, I had a thumper, but for some reason that went away, had the Big Bang thru the speakers, but all in, this 21 seems like a great Covid truck. Just hoping for the R

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After applying my set of "fixes" listed above. They are working! It's raining today and they would ramp the speed up and down as needed while in town driving. ....new wiper motor my butt!
My wipers don’t work too. I looked in settings and turn them off and on. Checked updates and Wi-Fi and key and profile settings nothing. What did you do?

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really that much!
"Of the three "profiles" on my Raptor, only mine had rain sense turned on. Now both guest and wife are also on. WiFi had forgotten everything. Re-setup a WiFi connection and a backup. Noticed "check for updates" had no times or days...marked every day at 6am."

So far, it looks to me the truck was confused about whether the rain sense should be on or off based on profile. Other profile setting don't seem to have this problem. It knows normal things like seat position, screen color and such. My profile DID have RS turned on but it appears making sure the other profiles were on as well made a difference. Updating the WiFi settings has not resulted in any indication any updates have happened.