Alright Ferd, time to get your ducks in a row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the deal. 2021 Raptor 801a and at 700 miles the rain sense stops working. Dealer following Ferd's diagnostics, first checks the rain sensor in the mirror. Found and removed foreign bodies. No change..replace rain sensor....no change.....replace SCCM computer....no change. Now here is when things get sketchy. Apparently the next in line for replacement is the wiper motor. Bear in mind, all other wiper functions work fine. However, Ferd is dealing with wiper motor shortage due to recall. Short answer, dealer can not get a wiper motor.

Perhaps FordTechOne can shed some light on this but how in the world could a working wiper motor interfere with the rain sense function?

In talking to one of the sales reps, Ferd complained to the dealership that there were several vehicles that had been in inventory too long (something about maturity date) and was demanding they be sold soonest. Trouble is, they were sold but can not be marked sold because they have outstanding recalls on them, recalls that Ferd can not supply parts to satisfy the recalls. ....hooo boy!

Here are the comments from "Agent" to my dealers parts manager:
COMMENTS: Orders for part number ML3Z-17508-B are currently being prioritized to unsold units and customers that have a failed wiper motor at the dealership that are involved in FSA 22S12. The Ford team is currently working on a remanufactured program to obtain wiper motor cores to make the remanufactured parts available as quickly as possible to take care of vehicles outside the affected population. Dealers with vehicles outside of the affected population will need to procure their replacement parts via the remanufacturing process or aftermarket suppliers.

That was dated May 31.

Well Ferd? Are you telling me no warranty repair for this function on my Raptor? ....not cool.

(I still don't think it's the motor!)

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So it worked, then it stopped working?

I gotta say my 22 rain sensing does not work as well as on the 18, for whatever reason. But it "works". Seems like when it's pouring rain it will go to low medium speed only.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this worked for myself and another member on here. my truck was delivered without the rain sensing working at all, but diagnostics showed everything as fine and one dealer tech told me it worked, but "was delayed" in its function. That was total horseshite as you could see the streaks from the liquid poured over the windshield that clearly was not wiped away. Anyway, i started fiddling with the vehicle settings and went into the my key settings. I noticed that my key had rain sensing turned on as did my wife's, but the "guest" profile (or whatever its designated as, cant remember now) did not. i flicked that setting on and low and behold the rain sensing began working perfectly.

if that doesnt work, i'd recommend trying a hard reset in the settings that takes you back to factory default. this will wipe your door code, xm radio, etc., but it helped me out recently when my bluetooth/car play stopped working altogether. it was a pain in the ass to reset all of my preferences, but everything works just fine now. good luck

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the deal. 2021 Raptor 801a and at 700 miles the rain sense stops working. Dealer following Ferd's diagnostics, first checks the rain sensor in the mirror. Found and removed foreign bodies. No change..replace rain sensor....no change.....replace SCCM computer....no change. Now here is when things get sketchy. Apparently the next in line for replacement is the wiper motor. Bear in mind, all other wiper functions work fine. However, Ferd is dealing with wiper motor shortage due to recall. Short answer, dealer can not get a wiper motor.

Perhaps FordTechOne can shed some light on this but how in the world could a working wiper motor interfere with the rain sense function?

In talking to one of the sales reps, Ferd complained to the dealership that there were several vehicles that had been in inventory too long (something about maturity date) and was demanding they be sold soonest. Trouble is, they were sold but can not be marked sold because they have outstanding recalls on them, recalls that Ferd can not supply parts to satisfy the recalls. ....hooo boy!

Here are the comments from "Agent" to my dealers parts manager:
COMMENTS: Orders for part number ML3Z-17508-B are currently being prioritized to unsold units and customers that have a failed wiper motor at the dealership that are involved in FSA 22S12. The Ford team is currently working on a remanufactured program to obtain wiper motor cores to make the remanufactured parts available as quickly as possible to take care of vehicles outside the affected population. Dealers with vehicles outside of the affected population will need to procure their replacement parts via the remanufacturing process or aftermarket suppliers.

That was dated May 31.

Well Ferd? Are you telling me no warranty repair for this function on my Raptor? ....not cool.

(I still don't think it's the motor!)
Im hoping I dont have a similar issue... I did notice that my auto setting was turned off the other day, I just havent tested everything after turning it on. Please keep us updated, though! Sorry for the trouble!

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it worked, then it stopped working?

I gotta say my 22 rain sensing does not work as well as on the 18, for whatever reason. But it "works". Seems like when it's pouring rain it will go to low medium speed only.
Yes, it worked fine this spring. Sensitivity was just right.