Alright Ferd, time to get your ducks in a row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you think of any trigger events?: recent updates, settings reset, forscan changes, window tint, etc.

At some point you kind of have to move on and say the independent dealer can’t figure it out or there is actually a software or hardware issue. I would put money on that it might just “fix” itself one day, or someone else has the issue and creates a clearer path to fix (TSB). I know my time isn’t worth this for auto wipers, my 2003 Lincoln had them and they stayed off from day one due to pure annoyance.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you think of any trigger events?: recent updates, settings reset, forscan changes, window tint, etc.

At some point you kind of have to move on and say the independent dealer can’t figure it out or there is actually a software or hardware issue. I would put money on that it might just “fix” itself one day, or someone else has the issue and creates a clearer path to fix (TSB). I know my time isn’t worth this for auto wipers, my 2003 Lincoln had them and they stayed off from day one due to pure annoyance.
Yep, activated adaptive headlights. Yep, saved all modules before touching anything. Restoring all touched modules did not help. It was over a week before I noticed and restored the modules.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have, there has been no notification and I would have to research how to check.

common sense says this should have happened but no indication
I have received a couple priority updates in the last two weeks, they notify on app and in the truck. I would go on the F-150 forums and provide your VIN to someone with FDRS to see if things are updating or if your dealer performed updates during diagnosing. Probably not related to your wipers but who knows.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well based on great folks at FRF, I investigated several points. It's not raining so no idea if any made a difference. Of the three "profiles" on my Raptor, only mine had rain sense turned on. Now both guest and wife are also on. WiFi had forgotten everything. Re-setup a WiFi connection and a backup. Noticed "check for updates" had no times or days...marked every day at 6am. My app, in digging around I found one mention of an update involving cameras being available for trailer hookup.

I found nothing showing if any over the air updates had ever occurred and very little about version numbers. A web search and the My Ford website only seem to mention updated for SYNC. Nothing about the rest of the truck. I don't know how extensive these updates can be but If I was Ford, I would have the ability to totally re-write any module on the truck, let alone change settings. I know there are many "PID's" that are unknow to the public so pretty extensive mods could be done. Over the air makes really good sense by taking less than great dealerships and untrained techs out of the equation.

But this still begs the question, has anything been applied? Is the information available in FORSCAN? I did see in one of the logs the version number of several modules but with out a version history, the data is meaningless.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well based on great folks at FRF, I investigated several points. It's not raining so no idea if any made a difference. Of the three "profiles" on my Raptor, only mine had rain sense turned on. Now both guest and wife are also on. WiFi had forgotten everything. Re-setup a WiFi connection and a backup. Noticed "check for updates" had no times or days...marked every day at 6am. My app, in digging around I found one mention of an update involving cameras being available for trailer hookup.

I found nothing showing if any over the air updates had ever occurred and very little about version numbers. A web search and the My Ford website only seem to mention updated for SYNC. Nothing about the rest of the truck. I don't know how extensive these updates can be but If I was Ford, I would have the ability to totally re-write any module on the truck, let alone change settings. I know there are many "PID's" that are unknow to the public so pretty extensive mods could be done. Over the air makes really good sense by taking less than great dealerships and untrained techs out of the equation.

But this still begs the question, has anything been applied? Is the information available in FORSCAN? I did see in one of the logs the version number of several modules but with out a version history, the data is meaningless.
Go on the F-150 forums and under OTA section there is that a big post where people post their VIN. FDRS will show if there has been any updates pushed to your truck and if they were successful.

here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
page-429

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Get out the garden hose and spray the windshield.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never been a fan of rain sensing wipers. I feel they are overly dramatic when they come on.
I hate the damn things. The loaner I drove for two months had them. Another option I would pay money to delete. I can dream anyway. Ford getting rid of 800a for next year is a blow. I guess they have more chips than they need, eh?