Alpharex Pro tail lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That is why I settled on the Morimoto XBs for mine although I wish they had an amber DRL offering like they do for the 2017+ Raptors
I still can't understand why Morimoto won't give us an amber DRL. They make a set for every generation of the Tacoma. You know who drives old Tacomas? Paw Paw's who aren't dropping $1.5k on headlights. You know who will line up and shout "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"?!?! Raptor drivers!

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still can't understand why Morimoto won't give us an amber DRL. They make a set for every generation of the Tacoma. You know who drives old Tacomas? Paw Paw's who aren't dropping $1.5k on headlights. You know who will line up and shout "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"?!?! Raptor drivers!
I'd be alright with the amber DRL too, but it's nothing that kept me from buying them.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be alright with the amber DRL too, but it's nothing that kept me from buying them.
Oh yea, I can't deny they look legit, just a lot of $ for man in my position to get less than what I absolutely want. I think I'm going to try my own retrofit with an LED projector. We'll have to see how that goes.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're red and the light up when they're supposed to.
Hundreds of dollars for no improvement in function.
I think I'll save my money for gas. The international price of oil is approaching $100 a barrel.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh. The old criticism of "form over function" is unknown to you?
How about that the world has changed in the past 24 hours?
Any bells?

I'm really not sure why the subject of someone changing out their tail lights has anything to do with your world or political views. People can spend their money as they choose to. Also, I run my own automotive shop and have been a tech for years, you're not trying to "teach" me anything concerning form over function.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"People can spend their money as they choose to" - I didn't say they couldn't. I'm saying it's a poor use of hard-earned money, particularly now with inflation squeezing every American's pocketbook. That's not "world or political views," that's raw economics.