Aloha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheRaptorIsCritical

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For looks and what I use it for it’s great, but if you would ever need the winch in deep mud or water I wouldn’t recommend it. The winch is mounted upside down and you have to reach into skid plate to engage it. Relocating the controller helps electrically, but always gotta reach in to engage/disengage.

OP
OP
TheRaptorIsCritical

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF and nice rig! (the gsxr aint bad either). You PCSing back to the states or ETSing? I thought about talking to branch to send me and the family over to HI... but I think I'd catch a case of island fever and lose my mind.
Thanks for the compliment! That bike is actually a ZX-6R that I just sold I’ve been in island for 11 years, about to start another 3 year tour too. It’s the only permanent station I’ve served at so my opinion may be loaded but it works for me and my family. I’m building the truck to serve as a second rig when I retire to out timber land in East Tennessee but I’ll probably stay here as long as I’m AD.
Any specific questions let me know I’ll be glad to help

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For looks and what I use it for it’s great, but if you would ever need the winch in deep mud or water I wouldn’t recommend it. The winch is mounted upside down and you have to reach into skid plate to engage it. Relocating the controller helps electrically, but always gotta reach in to engage/disengage.

ZEON 10-S PLATINUM WINCH - 92815 has remote clutch and IP68 Waterproof Rating. :cool: