Almost locked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ca51flatty

Reaction score
So, I have a 2011 Screw and like normal used my remote start to warm up and cool off the truck. I noticed when I went outside that it was not running. I tried to unlock the door with the fob and nothing, I tried the key and it would not turn. I kind of panicked but used the key pad as a last resort and it worked. I got inside and the truck won't start (battery dead I will assume). As I wait for the charger to do its thing I thought I would post on here to see what the community thinks or know what might be my issue.

Hard to believe the key pad worked when the actual key would not.

What say you?

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU DONT USE KEY TO ENTER TRUCK,DOOR LOCKS SEIZE UP HAPPENED TO MY 07 SUPER DUTY.NOW I USE KEY EVERY ONCE IN AWILE TO KEEP IT WORKING.

OP
OP
Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

Reaction score
The battery was dead in the truck and all seems good now but door lock with key is an issue so time for some lock maintenance!

Tommy1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems really odd that the battery died while the truck was warming up?? Have you had issues with your battery or alternator in the past?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Ca51flatty

Must likely the truck didn't start.

Winter is coming (Game Of Thrones) LOL, get a new battery!!!

And what even you use as a lubricant, DO NOT USE WD 40 or any penetration oil. This is a major NO NO

Last edited: