GEN 2 Almost 3k mikes and my experience with Ford so far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
Id have the dealer tackle that. Axle is pinned but has a bit of play in the holes. 1/4 inch over gets you square. However there is play in the body mounts as well...sooo the cab and bed could be set to the left. Again easy fix (by dealer)
With that being said, measure from the frame to the tire. Then if that is the same you know it's the body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ok, i'll try to get that measurement

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

frame to the edge of the tire on both sides seems to be just about 23" they are no more then 1/8" different, and that is easily just me not measuring the same points

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

frame to the edge of the tire on both sides seems to be just about 23" they are no more then 1/8" different, and that is easily just me not measuring the same points

Mmm probably the body then. Can you make a plumb bob and see if your front is off? Hold the string on the fender and measure tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Ford ownership. My Raptor sat at the dealership for 37 days once while trying to unscrew a transmission issue - eventually replaced the torque converter which fixed it. I wasn't offered a loaner car until about 20 days into the ordeal.
Good luck with the fix and I hope they resolve it soon!

Stubborn3

Reaction score
I own both Ford and Mercedes Benz. Their is NO comparison in these brands, the MB dealer always has a loaner,and bends over backwards for the customer. Not so with Ford. Oh, and the cost for service is not that much different, ( 100$ ford, 110$ MB) and my gen 2 wasn't much cheaper to buy than my MB. BTW, 5K miles on my truck and no problems.
Just had the same conversation with my wife... I’m a ford guy, got a 72 bronco and 68 mustang and her 2017 raptor has been an issue and the dealership doesn’t grasp customer service at all