GEN 2 Almost 3k mikes and my experience with Ford so far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I read another one of these threads it really makes me question buying a Gen 2. I have a $70k truck laid up bc it drives like a box of ***** and I don't have time to go trade the POS in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
At $10,000 over invoice, that dealership made over $15,000 off of you on that sale. They have a whole lot full of cars. If they wanted to give you a loaner, they could. As far as 200 lbs in the bed changing the ride, that's unbelievable. This whole post sucks. I hope you get this resolved. Find another dealership and good luck.
Yeah, i know...i understand the whole supply and demand thing, but at least give me a ride home after you bent me over...

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

The 200# wasn't the problem...it was the 50psi after the load was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I lowered the pressure to 38 psi all around (and the display in the car never changed) was 36-38 before i let the air out and 36-38 after i let almost 15psi out of 2 of the tires...that is odd...but, back to the ride quality, I went for a short drive today and still felt the micro vibrations (thats how i would explain it). I am going to wait until I head into the city on monday to really see if there is an improvement.

---------- Post added 07-07-2017 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-06-2017 at 11:58 PM ----------

Back to the resetting of the KAM. So i pulled the battery off, but the lights wouldn't stay on cause of my push button start...once i disconnected the battery, the whole car went off and the light switch did nothing. I left it off for a half hour and did the steps in the videos i watched. The only thing is my radio stations and settings never reset, nor did my past fuel economy. Does that mean that it didn't fully reset? When I drove her she was searching for shifts almost like when i first drove her though. Any thoughts?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i know...i understand the whole supply and demand thing, but at least give me a ride home after you bent me over...

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

I lowered the pressure to 38 psi all around (and the display in the car never changed) was 36-38 before i let the air out and 36-38 after i let almost 15psi out of 2 of the tires...that is odd...but, back to the ride quality, I went for a short drive today and still felt the micro vibrations (thats how i would explain it). I am going to wait until I head into the city on monday to really see if there is an improvement.

---------- Post added 07-07-2017 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-06-2017 at 11:58 PM ----------

Back to the resetting of the KAM. So i pulled the battery off, but the lights wouldn't stay on cause of my push button start...once i disconnected the battery, the whole car went off and the light switch did nothing. I left it off for a half hour and did the steps in the videos i watched. The only thing is my radio stations and settings never reset, nor did my past fuel economy. Does that mean that it didn't fully reset? When I drove her she was searching for shifts almost like when i first drove her though. Any thoughts?

the radio shouldn't reset. and the lights were supposed to be turned on after disconnecting the battery. nothing will work if the truck was off and battery disconnected. the purpose of turning on the headlight is to drain the system.

did you do the idle procedure like i said or the video showed? that is a very important step.

Again select sport mode on every start and drive it like that for a week or even 300 miles or so. it should make a massive difference in the long term drive-ability of the truck. yes the shifts will be hard for awhile. worse in 1-5. but once it learns and u learn how to apply and release the throttle at normal driving in sport mode, the entire truck should smooth out. mine is barely noticeable in hard shifts now. i did the kam reset at 1500 miles when i changed to full synthetic. i switch to sport mode for town cruising or traffic. the rest of the time i am on normal or sport/4high/nannies off for off--road. use.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
the radio shouldn't reset. and the lights were supposed to be turned on after disconnecting the battery. nothing will work if the truck was off and battery disconnected. the purpose of turning on the headlight is to drain the system.

did you do the idle procedure like i said or the video showed? that is a very important step.

Again select sport mode on every start and drive it like that for a week or even 300 miles or so. it should make a massive difference in the long term drive-ability of the truck. yes the shifts will be hard for awhile. worse in 1-5. but once it learns and u learn how to apply and release the throttle at normal driving in sport mode, the entire truck should smooth out. mine is barely noticeable in hard shifts now. i did the kam reset at 1500 miles when i changed to full synthetic. i switch to sport mode for town cruising or traffic. the rest of the time i am on normal or sport/4high/nannies off for off--road. use.
Ok that is good to know, i think i messed up the idle thing...I am just going to do it again this morning and follow exactly to the tee. I'll repost again after i am finished.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
So, I did another reset and drove the truck about 20 miles today. She is learning the shifting ok, but I still have that bounciness to the truck. I spoke with the ford dealer today and have an appointment on monday. We will do a test drive on her and see what he feels, according to him, he is not against doing a road force balance on her...we will see on monday what happens next. I would also like to see if they have another raptor onsite if we can drive that and see if I feel the same thing. Again, I will keep posting and keep anyone who cares abreast.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
OK, so another user posted that his rear axle was shifted to the passenger side of the vehicle. So I looked at mine and could see that the passenger rear tire was out further then the drivers rear tire sidewall. I took some measurements from the inside wheel fender to the outer edge of the tire and these are those measurements in the photos. Does anyone think this could be tied to my exaggerated vibrations I am getting while driving?

1499633872078691568788_zpskdfxtune.jpg

1499633784508317912073_zpsgkijvl49.jpg

14996336939522127892127_zpslzi5wmfl.jpg

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously doubt it. I thought mine was shifted, too, until I realized how it was not perfectly level, in my driveway, which REALLY will shift the center of the axle...at least for me.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id have the dealer tackle that. Axle is pinned but has a bit of play in the holes. 1/4 inch over gets you square. However there is play in the body mounts as well...sooo the cab and bed could be set to the left. Again easy fix (by dealer)
With that being said, measure from the frame to the tire. Then if that is the same you know it's the body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro