GEN 2 Almost 3k mikes and my experience with Ford so far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnetic1

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been reading these posts since I was able to get a raptor that someone cancelled their order about 3 weeks ago. I purchased it as a flagship company vehicle for my business. I commute roughly 750 miles a week. I have 2,800 miles her now and since about 500 miles I had hesitation at WOT (I waited for a break in period before taking the rpm's too high). I went to my ford dealer and they said they had no loaner cars to give me to look at the car and I would have to wait till July 10th and that the car would be fine. Each few hundred miles the issue got progressively worse and now just cruising at highway speeds it starts bucking and losing power. I called ford numerous times to see if they could get me in earlier with no call backs for days and no answers. Finally I decided to go down and talk to service...they service assistant manager took the car for a ride and agreed that something was seriously wrong, but his hands were tied with a loaner car. I can't fathom how I purchased a vehicle for nearly 80k from this dealership(10k over invoice) and I'm being brushed off like I'm nothing. I have an appointment for the 3rd in which I need to borrow a car to work out of for the day we shall see how that goes. I will post after they look at her and tell me what the problem is.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
1st, welcome to FRF. 2nd, get us some pics already !

3rd, that’s a terrible way to treat a customer, and says a lot about the dealership.

be patient, and hopefully they will realize their error and take care of you and the truck. Good luck.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
Thank you, I really hope so...i love the idea of the truck, and I really want to love the truck too. I spoke with service manager a few minutes ago after the service guy on the phone told me I couldn't drop my car off Sunday night because he had no more overnight appointments...wtf...the service manager told me that's ridiculous and that I can use the key drop. Hopefully the tech's are more competent then the service receptionist. Once they call me Monday I will post what they find.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not good news at all. Too many are having this issue. Mine has subsided, now at 4,000 miles, but I'm not confident and have no trust that dealers will own up to this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY

Search hesitation, bucking and snorting, etc on this forum.
Read this https://www.f150forum.com/f38/ecoboost-weep-hole-368327/index5/
Make your own conclusions.
All the trucks having problems are in humid areas (not all trucks mind you) and cool and humid, close to dew point is the worst
When i say all, I'm not counting but probably around 20? Have reported a problem here

This is a good read too (the links in the post) not the childish banter

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...forum.com/showthread.php?t=55743&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I own both Ford and Mercedes Benz. Their is NO comparison in these brands, the MB dealer always has a loaner,and bends over backwards for the customer. Not so with Ford. Oh, and the cost for service is not that much different, ( 100$ ford, 110$ MB) and my gen 2 wasn't much cheaper to buy than my MB. BTW, 5K miles on my truck and no problems.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
Search hesitation, bucking and snorting, etc on this forum.
Read this https://www.f150forum.com/f38/ecoboost-weep-hole-368327/index5/
Make your own conclusions.
All the trucks having problems are in humid areas (not all trucks mind you) and cool and humid, close to dew point is the worst
When i say all, I'm not counting but probably around 20? Have reported a problem here

This is a good read too (the links in the post) not the childish banter

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...forum.com/showthread.php?t=55743&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you ogdobber, I have actually read pretty much all of the links you sent me. I am going to wait and see if the dealership can find anything wrong that they can fix. I appreciate the help though.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Yes, I owned an Acura MDX before this truck and the service between these 2 brands are very different. My Acura was a certified pre-owned and I still got presidential treatment with feeling important loaner cars and competence within the service department....its sad...