Allocation Non-existent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The at4x is basically a Denali with decent off-road capability and like I said more then enough for pulling around the star bucks drive through.

And there is the difference between Ford and GM. Ford is allowed to go to Starbucks, while GM can only go to the knock off star bucks brand.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If everyone on this forum would take their blinders off for a second it’s easy to note ford definitely has its fair share of quality and reliability issues going on right now. It’s all over the board

No blinders here. 4 new Chevy work Trucks in 2017-2018: 2 1500's, 1 2500 and 1 3500. All of them had issues and were at the dealer(s) constantly. The last Chevy I purchased was a 2020 3500 Duramax and the brakes sounded like a dying promiscuous female in heat. 6 times in 12000 it was in the shop and everytime "cannot duplicate" 2019 Grand Sport and 2019 Z06. Grand Sport was great. Z06 had so many issues, had adhesive coming from the carbon under the body (which isn't a big deal until it ends up inside the ceramic brakes.

I've had my fair share of Ford and Ram problems as well but out of 20+ trucks purchased in the past 4-5 years; Ford has the best overall truck with fewer issues in my experience with different brands.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
I’m sorry to be blunt, but orders and allocations for 2022 were gone long ago. I got lucky back in October and found a dealer with no ADM that had 2 allocations left. My truck was delivered 3/18.

My advice is buy something else or wait until the 2023 orders are available to be placed. Then go to the thread titled List dealers who deserve our business and you will find quite a few who do not charge ADM.
Yup that's exactly where I'm at now. I'll drive the ZR2 until the Raptor shows up and maybe trade, maybe not.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry to be blunt, but orders and allocations for 2022 were gone long ago. I got lucky back in October and found a dealer with no ADM that had 2 allocations left. My truck was delivered 3/18.

My advice is buy something else or wait until the 2023 orders are available to be placed. Then go to the thread titled List dealers who deserve our business and you will find quite a few who do not charge ADM.
Blunt but correct. Like you, I ordered back in October, last two allocations dealer had... which I found thanks to this forum! Ford pulled mine in December and I finally got it last week. My buddy is still waiting for his to even get a VIN! It's insane. He's good because he still has his Gen 2. I'm not coming from a Raptor, or from any truck for many years. Just over 400 miles and no issues thankfully. Some paint minor things which I'll get corrected with the Ceramic coating to be done soon.

The market right now is just nuts. Like it always tends to do, things will turn around at some point and supply chains will build up and everything will hopefully normalize again... just don't expect much change this year. Ford admitted they will take chips from other vehicles to supply the Lightning, and the market suggested that Ford only had 1/3 of the chips needed to build the projected number of vehicles for 2022. Not good.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know when the markets will stabilize but what I do know from reading is dealers made record profits last year. Which tells me they may continue after supply resumes a semblance of normal and keep up a charade of no inventory.

There is a well known micro tool maker on the internet. Every time he comes out with a “limited” run of what are cool but for the most part useless “tools” or whistles, etc, they immediately sell out. On his blog he posts “all gone. Thanks everyone.”

He basically built the frenzy for his stuff by making it appear as if it’s ultra desirable. How do I know that?

Any time I emailed him to ask what was available, lo and behold there was a variety of supposedly “all gone” stuff to purchase.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know when the markets will stabilize but what I do know from reading is dealers made record profits last year. Which tells me they may continue after supply resumes a semblance of normal and keep up a charade of no inventory.

There is a well known micro tool maker on the internet. Every time he comes out with a “limited” run of what are cool but for the most part useless “tools” or whistles, etc, they immediately sell out. On his blog he posts “all gone. Thanks everyone.”

He basically built the frenzy for his stuff by making it appear as if it’s ultra desirable. How do I know that?

Any time I emailed him to ask what was available, lo and behold there was a variety of supposedly “all gone” stuff to purchase.
Well Ford reported 3.1 Billions loss for the 1st quarter.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had to settle for something other than a Raptor I'd probably get a Tremor.