Allocation Non-existent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't trust GM anymore. I am impressed with the revised L3B engine but unfortunately it will need a new transmission around 60,000 miles.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sorry to be blunt, but orders and allocations for 2022 were gone long ago. I got lucky back in October and found a dealer with no ADM that had 2 allocations left. My truck was delivered 3/18.

My advice is buy something else or wait until the 2023 orders are available to be placed. Then go to the thread titled List dealers who deserve our business and you will find quite a few who do not charge ADM.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry to be blunt, but orders and allocations for 2022 were gone long ago. I got lucky back in October and found a dealer with no ADM that had 2 allocations left. My truck was delivered 3/18.

My advice is buy something else or wait until the 2023 orders are available to be placed. Then go to the thread titled List dealers who deserve our business and you will find quite a few who do not charge ADM.
Yeah I agree! I have an allocation for my order I placed in Dec. But, if you ordered in Feb or after, probably no allocations left by now.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed …I was looking at them too and for what they’re asking you’ll get a lot more with the Raptor. Also the 6.2 have been known to have major issues.
Which is true and all but price out a loaded f150 lariat or platinum. It’s just as expensive. The at4x is basically a Denali with decent off-road capability and like I said more then enough for pulling around the star bucks drive through. Most folks on here aren’t using raptors for desert runs. The 6.2 has had its share of lifter issues sure but if you notice the ecoboost are starting to have turbo issues pop up. At least the 6.2 you can plug a programmer into the obd port and disable dfm and afm

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't trust GM anymore. I am impressed with the revised L3B engine but unfortunately it will need a new transmission around 60,000 miles.
If everyone on this forum would take their blinders off for a second it’s easy to note ford definitely has its fair share of quality and reliability issues going on right now. It’s all over the board

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If everyone on this forum would take their blinders off for a second it’s easy to note ford definitely has its fair share of quality and reliability issues going on right now. It’s all over the board
I don’t think you can go on any forum, be it cars, cameras, etc. and not read complaints. People on forums come to complain and find others who may know a fix. It’s the nature of forums. There is also the constant trolls who complain and don’t even own the product.

Every manufacturer has issues. I’m on my fourth F150, 4 Raptors and a Platinum and I’ve had nothing major at all. Maybe I’m lucky. I think most vehicles these days are pretty reliable but nothing is perfect.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you can go on any forum, be it cars, cameras, etc. People on forums come to complain and find others who may know a fix. It’s the nature of forums. Every manufacturer has issues. I’m on my fourth F150, 4 Raptors and a Platinum and I’ve had nothing but some minor issues with doors freezing during winter. Other than that all have been great. Maybe I’m lucky. I think most vehicles these days are pretty reliable but nothing is perfect.
Your right they have been but with all the recent commodity issues and employment issues quality has gone down as of late by a fair margin. Not sure what you do for a living but I’m sure you see it first hand. It’s not just the auto industry

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right they have been but with all the recent commodity issues and employment issues quality has gone down as of late by a fair margin. Not sure what you do for a living but I’m sure you see it first hand. It’s not just the auto industry
That's what warranty is for! Any issues, take it to Ford. Everyone thinks since it's a 80-100k truck they believe it's supposed to be issue-free. Not naming you specifically but is something many ppl believe. Look at Mclaren or Ferrari, they have many issues.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what warranty is for! Any issues, take it to Ford. Everyone thinks since it's a 80-100k truck they believe it's supposed to be issue-free. Not naming you specifically but is something many ppl believe. Look at Mclaren or Ferrari, they have many issues.
Exactly. So does every other brand. I was originally commenting on a gm reliability comment.

DSRTSLYR

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Porsche GT3RS that needed a new trany at 400 miles. Every brand has faults. .