All new SuperDuty being introduced

Discussion in 'The SuperDuty Section' started by Hockster, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

Friday 3/09/2012 a new SuperDuty is being released...
    On Friday, March 9, Ford Motor Company will introduce an all-new model in the 2013 F-Series Super Duty lineup. We’re making the announcement with our partners at Professional Bull Riders. What else are we planning for 2013? Watch the live webcast at http:// PBR.com/2013SuperDuty at 10 a.m. EST / 7 a.m. PST to find out!

http://jalopnik.com/5889857/2013-ford-super-duty-first-scary-photo

2. whtrapta

whtrapta Ostrich Wrangler

Still no projector lights. Come on ford be the first

3. Hockster

When I left they were working on a new fullsize hybrid... This could be the F250/350/450/550 Hybrid... Not sure... I know they are planning a release of it just dont know when...

4. phydough

phydough Full Access Member

I'm hoping for a Boss Hoss. Direct competition for the Power Wagon.

5. Reptar

Reptar FRF Addict

LMAO at some of the comments on that page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally! Ford makes a truck to appeal to the conservative Muslim population in Dearborn. It's about time.

RAPTORSV likes this.
  6. Hockster

Ha ha ha... Ya there are some good ones...

7. HARLEY6LF250SDU

HARLEY6LF250SDU FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

If President Obama and the state of California adopt higher gas mileage requirements, Ford's trucks, according to some academics, may be required to get as much as 62 MPG by 2025! While implementing this engineering feat may sound like a fanciful dream, the Ford Motor Company has been working on building powerful, fuel efficient fossil-fuel burning vehicles since 2006. Ford’s EcoBoost Technology has been largely responsible for their ability to produce trucks that are fuel-efficient. EcoBoost technologies include direct injection systems, turbocharging, and twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) engines.

However, EcoBoost is just one part of the equation. The second part of the equation responsible for increasing fuel efficiency are the new types of transmissions Ford is placing in their trucks. Ford’s new model diesel trucks incorporate Alison transmissions. Alison is a highly respected company that is committed to designing and manufacturing transmissions that will enhance fuel economy and still provide the power and torque required by a work-truck. Indeed, Ford has invested a considerable amount of money on the design of a new eight speed automatic transmission. This transmission is exclusively Ford’s own design, and is going to be built in the United States starting in December 2011. According to a resent Ford press release, their eight speed transmission will provide a 2 to 6 percent increase in fuel efficiency over their six speed transmission.

The combined effects of EcoBoost and these enhanced transmissions have allowed Ford to produce trucks incorporating engines with smaller displacements that have maintained their power and torque levels. The Ford F-150’s EcoBoost V6 engine can attain 365 HP at 420 foot-pounds of torque, which is comparable to the naturally aspirated V8 it replaced. In fact, because this v6 engine sports twin compact turbochargers, it produces 15% fewer carbon dioxide emissions, yields nearly 20% higher fuel efficiency, and produces greater torque and horsepower than the outdated V8. Still more impressive are the MPG numbers for the Ford F-150 integrating a 3.7 liter V-6 engine with EcoBoost to the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid. According to EPA estimates, the Ford achieves 16mpg city and 23mpg highway, while the Chevy hybrid receives 20mpg city and 23mpg highway.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

????????????????????
    17l platinum pkg

8. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp

9. Tejas

Tejas Full Access Member

That video was hilarious!

10. Reptar

Reptar FRF Addict

There was another jalopnik article earlier in the week of a superduty with the grille masked off. some of the speculation in the comments mentioned grille slats that moved to block off airflow to increase aerodynamics on the highway. Not sure how realistic that one would be to making it into the superduty, but it certainly makes sense, especially with such a HUGE front end, you don't always need all the opening in the grille for cooling, it's all weather, speed, and load dependent, so it would be able to help out mileage a tad more as well. Every bit helps.

On my 00 HD truck I have a solid grille block off that I run in the cool weather at the track. The truck doesn't need the additional airflow for cooling when the temps are 40-50* outside, and the truck consistently picks up 1-2 mph in the 1/4 mile from the improved aerodynamics.