All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear a V8 growl in this video. If not, it's a nasty sounding V6 that got major help in the exhaust dept.

It's just stock audio they added to the the teaser. It's possible that they actually recorded the truck specifically, but I highly doubt that. It's 24 hours away. We'll know for sure then.

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the Gen 3 get 1.8 inches of additional suspension travel over the Gen 2 (like the Gen 2 did over the Gen 1), giving it approx. 15” front and 16” rear? How much better are the shocks? Will the front shocks get remote reservoirs? How much will the rear coils improve handling over the leafs? Does the RAPTOR 37 PKG mean you can get 37s from the factory? These are the things that actually matter in a high speed off road truck. I don’t care about an overplayed V8 soundtrack or not being able to even finish the quarter mile because I’ve exceeded my tires speed rating. Either way, looking forward to tomorrow.

You are a day too early with all those questions, lol. ;)

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is...if the Gen 3 doesn’t have a V8 option, but will certainly outperform a Gen 2 and TRX in the suspension department (since the TRX really didn’t expand upon the capabilities of the Gen 2 suspension wise), will the V8 or bust folks still prefer a TRX over a Gen 3 just because of the exhaust note and or 1/4 mile times on pavement?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is...if the Gen 3 doesn’t have a V8 option, but will certainly outperform a Gen 2 and TRX in the suspension department (since the TRX really didn’t expand upon the capabilities of the Gen 2 suspension wise), will the V8 or bust folks still prefer a TRX over a Gen 3 just because of the exhaust note and or 1/4 mile times on pavement?

Personally its not V8 or bust for me, it would just really entice me to sell my Gen 1 if there is a V8 lol.

But with TRX prices 30k above sticker in Canada there's zero reason to buy a truck that IMO, is slightly better than the Gen 2.. id much rather have a more leading edge truck in the Raptor.. regardless of the engine.

The more I've thought about it the past few days the more I'm sure ill be upgrading to a Gen 3.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score

I had the ability to be one of the first to get a TRX upon orders opening up. I am so thankful I didn't pull the trigger and went Raptor. I came up on my first TRX on the freeway yesterday in all black and while it does have a presence, it just didn't do it for me...too many round corners on the front end. I'll go Gen3 even if it is a 6.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally its not V8 or bust for me, it would just really entice me to sell my Gen 1 if there is a V8 lol.

But with TRX prices 30k above sticker in Canada there's zero reason to buy a truck that IMO, is slightly better than the Gen 2.. id much rather have a more leading edge truck in the Raptor.. regardless of the engine.

The more I've thought about it the past few days the more I'm sure ill be upgrading to a Gen 3.

I'm good with the EcoBoost, just hoping it's a PowerBoost. But if not, I'm ready to upgrade. Like to have the upgraded interior and think I'm going to love Code Orange. Feel like my low mileage '19 should have nice trade in value (if not private sale).

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm good with the EcoBoost, just hoping it's a PowerBoost. But if not, I'm ready to upgrade. Like to have the upgraded interior and think I'm going to love Code Orange. Feel like my low mileage '19 should have nice trade in value (if not private sale).

Yeah use the 3.5HO with the powerboost unit.. that'd be cool.

I was sitting in a Lariat sport yesterday and I really like the new interior, I definitely won't get work surface or pano roof though.

And im with you on Code Orange.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Raptor has to have more than 702 HP or bust for me. That being said, I won’t get the TRX. I had a chance to see it in person. No Recardo seats, Fox live Valve, digital cockpit. None of that.