All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They could go a long, long way toward pulling away TRX sales and getting fence sitting current Rap owners to trade up by undercutting the ADM dealers somehow.

ADM games is the --sole-- reason I will not be in a Gen 3 market. I have better things to do with my time than scour the f*cking earth for a stealership not trying to financially ruin me to buy a truck.

In April 2017 I started sending out emails to local dealers Internet managers basically saying I wanted to order a 2018 raptor when the order books opened in late May. I was willing to pay MSRP but no higher. Please let me know if you’re interested in taking my order for Raptor. it worked. One accepted and I went with it. But agreed I will not do an ADM, I’ll go MSRP

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In April 2017 I started sending out emails to local dealers Internet managers basically saying I wanted to order a 2018 raptor when the order books opened in late May. I was willing to pay MSRP but no higher. Please let me know if you’re interested in taking my order for Raptor. it worked. One accepted and I went with it. But agreed I will not do an ADM, I’ll go MSRP

Once things calm down, that should be achievable.

If the Ecoboost has enough added power, I’m betting it’s going to be competitive on its own because it’s so much lighter. I don’t see them getting low 4 second 0-60 times, but I can see them getting under 5 seconds and maybe to mid to high 4’s. They don’t need that much more power to get there, the aftermarket is already making it pretty damn quick on stock hardware.

This would be the best of both worlds. All the V8 die hards and poseur will hold out for the v8 truck, so the EcoBoost trucks - no slouches won’t be commanding the ADM the vaporware model will.

Yeah, I’m hoping they step up the game and produce them in Gen2 numbers or more to keep the prices in check.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
From what I've seen on the 2021 Raptor it doesn't sport the wider Sync screen as the standard F150, I believe it's 12" wide.

I don't believe it has the Powerboost option either but not 100% sure whether or not it's available.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once things calm down, that should be achievable.

If the Ecoboost has enough added power, I’m betting it’s going to be competitive on its own because it’s so much lighter. I don’t see them getting low 4 second 0-60 times, but I can see them getting under 5 seconds and maybe to mid to high 4’s. They don’t need that much more power to get there, the aftermarket is already making it pretty damn quick on stock hardware.

This would be the best of both worlds. All the V8 die hards and poseur will hold out for the v8 truck, so the EcoBoost trucks - no slouches won’t be commanding the ADM the vaporware model will.

Yeah, I’m hoping they step up the game and produce them in Gen2 numbers or more to keep the prices in check.

It will be interesting to see if its a 'more tweaked' 3.5 that closes in on GT numbers, the GT had 660 hp and 550 lb/f or if its that same motor, but I still have about 4.5 years and 75k miles on my ESP on a paid off truck, I dont want to be stupid. If they are charging a stupid premium for the v8, I doubt I would do it anytime soon.

AND I retire in 3 years....an F150 Tremor is mighty attractive for my retired life building outdoor furniture for sale in the OBX...

Too many questions without answers, time will tell.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if its a 'more tweaked' 3.5 that closes in on GT numbers, the GT had 660 hp and 550 lb/f or if its that same motor, but I still have about 4.5 years and 75k miles on my ESP on a paid off truck, I dont want to be stupid. If they are charging a stupid premium for the v8, I doubt I would do it anytime soon.

AND I retire in 3 years....an F150 Tremor is mighty attractive for my retired life building outdoor furniture for sale in the OBX...

Too many questions without answers, time will tell.

F250 Tremor

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching tuned TT 3.5s blow v8s away.

But there is no denying the v8 sound is lovely.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching tuned TT 3.5s blow v8s away.

But there is no denying the v8 sound is lovely.
I don’t see a tuned Gen 2 having an issue with a TRX , if the Gen 3 is close to the same weight as a Gen 2 but with over 700hp then it would be a different story.

that said I think a H.O Powerboost would be quicker than both

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. If I was going away from the Raptor and staying with Ford it would be a Super Duty with the 7.3L Gas Motor. I damn near bought one instead of the Raptor. It’s a cool truck!

Its a very cool truck, but don't be fooled.. it definitely needs some Carli love to get its fun factor closer to what you have in a Raptor.

My F350 Tremor is waiting on some Carli parts now.