All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to new release models, it's a toss up between higher cost and potential reliability, versus the extra wow factor and enjoying the model's improvements longer/sooner. The higher cost is the bigger concern for me in this case.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to new release models, it's a toss up between higher cost and potential reliability, versus the extra wow factor and enjoying the model's improvements longer/sooner. The higher cost is the bigger concern for me in this case.

801a has more tech features than I want or need, I won't likely push the design limits of gen 2, and reliability is my biggest want. That makes the last year of a generation my choice. Price really doesn't enter into it that much, although it is nice to buy well under MSRP rather than well over, if only for my self esteem.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Endless power is cool and all but I am more interested in the supporting changes. Suspension, brakes, F&R diffs, etc. In most off-road situations the current Raptor over powers the suspension and brakes.

I would much rather see a 700hp+ new Lightning.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Endless power is cool and all but I am more interested in the supporting changes. Suspension, brakes, F&R diffs, etc. In most off-road situations the current Raptor over powers the suspension and brakes.

I would much rather see a 700hp+ new Lightning.

Completely agree, but hp is the unit used for measuring and comparing the length of your unit, so ...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that this announcement is actually going to leave quite a bit of important details unannounced? For example, I think we'll get a good look at the interior and exterior, and a rundown of the F150 features that are in the Raptor, plus a few changes. I think they will say what the engine options are, but I think they won't give definite HP numbers yet. Over 600, Over 700 maybe, but leave the question of more HP that TRX unanswered.

I also think they will be quite on the pricing. Maybe? Can they take reservations if they don't release pricing?

Anyway, the goal for right now is to make customers pause before buying a TRX. They don't have to give everything away to do that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
They could go a long, long way toward pulling away TRX sales and getting fence sitting current Rap owners to trade up by undercutting the ADM dealers somehow.

ADM games is the --sole-- reason I will not be in a Gen 3 market. I have better things to do with my time than scour the f*cking earth for a stealership not trying to financially ruin me to buy a truck.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for TFL (clearly in FCA's pocket) to tell us how they managed to pay $200K (because they have the worst buyer on Earth) for a Raptor R and how it's just underwhelming compared to a TRX, I mean there's no Easter egg's!

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that this announcement is actually going to leave quite a bit of important details unannounced? For example, I think we'll get a good look at the interior and exterior, and a rundown of the F150 features that are in the Raptor, plus a few changes. I think they will say what the engine options are, but I think they won't give definite HP numbers yet. Over 600, Over 700 maybe, but leave the question of more HP that TRX unanswered.

I also think they will be quite on the pricing. Maybe? Can they take reservations if they don't release pricing?

Anyway, the goal for right now is to make customers pause before buying a TRX. They don't have to give everything away to do that.

I am still trying to figure out the new IWE setup on the 2021 f150. I can’t find anything mentioning it anywhere but it surely changed.

3313B31C-1B98-4DDE-9D35-517F194F22AC.jpeg